Stormwalker

Re: Newbie

Post by Stormwalker »

Black is quite obviously the fastest

Stormwalker
darrenmartin

Stopper mod

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi guys can u let me know what the "stopper mod" is all about pls :think: iv not picked up my storm yet but im trying to get my head round as many jobs to be done before i get her. Also where abouts in the midlands would the 2nd work shop happen (im from Nottingham myself) :wink:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
tankslappa

Re: Newbie

Post by tankslappa »

Welcome to the mad-house.

Only thing I would say about riding a big twin compared to a buzzy four pot is watch that engine braking, it's insane! I remember when I first got mine coming from a CBR600F, I went off down a local lane, and did what I used to do on the 600... dropped it a cog entering this lovely long sweeping corner (ready for the exit) and backed off the throttle... The back end locked up and stepped out!

I put the power back on pretty damn quickly, which just span up the back wheel and I ended up doing the corner speedway sideways style... :biggrin

Probably looked awesome to the cars coming the other way, but my leathers were inflating very rapidly - DIY airbag!

So never close the throttle on a big twin quickly, especially in a low gear on cold tyres!