Boots etc

General Biker Banter
BigVeeGrin

Boots etc

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Got a pair og HG boots off ebay last year, however, they're done for really.

Who has what, would recommend what? All year round? Summer and winter? Not flush with cash mind so a load of the sidi stuff is out of range

Anyone had/got the RST Tracktec http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/66630 - like the sound of an armoured boot that is waterproof for year round wear
BigVeeGrin

Re: Boots etc

Post by BigVeeGrin »

doing a bit of research around boots and came across this from J&S Accessories. They know how to sell 'em :lol: :lol:

"The TCX X-Five Waterproof Motorcycle Boot is constructed from full grain leather and features a waterproof membrane, anti-impact malleous protection, sh1t pad, shin plate, reinforced heel counter, anatomic replaceable footbed, touring sole with specific grip area, zip and Velcro closure system and added movement."
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I got a pair of Spyke Tourer boots at a bargain, £180 worth of boots for £70 on Egay.

Have been worn in the rain and they do stay dry. Very tight along the ole toesies though.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Ive had rst boots in the past forthe wonga there a nice boot :thumbup: very light and well made
Loud pipes save lives!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

If you can find a pair in your price range, I'd buy Alpinestars. I still have a pair that are 8 years old, commuted, toured, trackdayed. They last, and once broken in, are really comfy. I bought Sidi Vertigo's, not a patch on the A'Stars. Started falling apart within a year.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
spider13

Post by spider13 »

rst all the way,great stuff for the money,infact ive just been out and bought a new rst slice jacket as me old one after nearly 8 years has finally had it and that is rst aswell
steve
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

ive got these boots good and sturdy nice and comfortable got them for 98 at custom lids in newcastle try them :thumbup:
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

SIDI Black Rains. Waterproof, comfy and can be worn all year with no issues. the good thing about them is,,,,you can walk in them without someone calling you "Squeaky"..
and you should be able to pick them up for around £100.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

just got a pair of sidi vertigo (and a shark lid) for £100 :thumbup:
just starting to get comfy now after a few 100 mile.

last pair was alpinestars tourers & they were honestly the most comfy bike boot ive ever had but not much protection around the ankle, just a kevlar disc over the bone.
theyre so comfy i hardly took them off lol and have been known to sleep with them on :D
the only reason i replaced them was cos the sidis were a steal and the soles were wearing thin on the tourers, and the gearlever reinforcing had come off.

the only thing i dont like about the sidis is they have a stepped heel whereas the tourers were a flat sole.
this caught me out a few times when stopping as i have to physically lift my foot off the peg cos it catches on the heel.
nearly dropped the sp cos of it lol :thumbdown:

highgly recommended are the Dunlop Moto boot..... they look brilliant and you can pick them up on amazon for £65 8O

have a look at them - you will be surprised. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Thems the very ones. They are fine for wearing, they do take some breaking in, as all boots do, but I wore them all day on the Brighton Burn Up day so spent the guts of 12 hours in them and my feet were fine. Only the normal ache from being on my feet all day in biker boots. :lol:

They are a little tight around the toes, as mentioned, but comfy on the bike to wear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
boz

Post by boz »

I got a pair of Ghost Bikes own brand a couple of years ago. They survived a pretty bad crash. My leathers and leg were well fooked but the boots were good. Fire brigade had a right to do cutting them off. Got another pair when I got my Storm. Nowt fancy about them but comfortable and good for the money.
CBR900rr Fireblade
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

firestorm1997 wrote:SIDI Black Rains. Waterproof, comfy and can be worn all year with no issues. the good thing about them is,,,,you can walk in them without someone calling you "Squeaky"..
and you should be able to pick them up for around £100.
seconded, had mine for about 8 years and still as comfy and waterproof as the day I bought them :thumbup:
edds11

Post by edds11 »

Ive got a pair of Spada, 65quid I think, cool when hot and absolutely waterproof, all the gaurds and bit but not too flashy
chric

Post by chric »

got a pair of sidi vertigo boots and dont rate them there too tight on toes so put my old oxstars back on and there in the best colour go faster red :D
what is a second hand pair worth
Ill never be a sell out storm forever