Looks like another scam to me.....

General Bike chat
turbo_billy

Looks like another scam to me.....

Post by turbo_billy »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR1000 ... 35bbeb07c7

Not a Storm but a year 2000 SP1, 2623 miles on the clock, £0.83 start bid, no reserve and a "click here to contact me as I can`t access ebay at work" box, oh.....and a buy it now for £3100......... :evil:
Jester666

Re: Looks like another scam to me.....

Post by Jester666 »

Already gone/sold/removed! :lol:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Definite scam as I`ve just found the genuine advert for the same bike in my watch list. Sold yesterday for £6162.63. Now thats more like it.... :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR1000 ... 416579c96d

Well, that didn`t take long. Back again under a new listing..... :evil:
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

And now its gone again..... :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now you see it , now you don't :lol: :clap: :clap:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
wiltsdan

Post by wiltsdan »

Someone listed a mini-digger on the wife's e-blag account, rang e-blag while watching it on laptop the call centre is in USA and they did'nt give a toss!
On the phone for over 40mins trying to get what was happening into their thick heads, and it sold for £5.500 then vanished!
E-blag said there was nothing suspicious going on, Richard heads.
No I can't spell.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There is an fleabay number/call centre in Ireland. I have rang them in the past and they have been very helpful. When I'm next on the bay I shall try and find it and post up. But you know what the help pages are like :( not bloody helpful :lol:

chric

Post by chric »

i reported it with the report button in corner aswell but emailed the scammerto see what he says and got this

To: :lol: not plastering mine all over net
Sent: Saturday, 5 May 2012, 16:22
Subject: Re: Honda VTR1000

Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply. The bike is in pristine condition, no problems here,all docs available. The buy it now price including shipping is £3,100 (delivered to you in the UK). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale. I attached pictures. It's located in Aberdeen

Thank you, Nikolaos
MY REPLY
sounds great i'll get some mates up there to look it over a bike gang i know up there

Thought it may make myself sound hard :lol: :lol: and that i have some mates :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad2
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a scam :!: Scotland seems to be the new Nigeria. There a few of these around. I found a really nice VFR800, a later 2008 model, going cheap on the bay before I bought the Storm. When I contacted I got a similar reply to the one you have above. And I seem to re-call there was some excuse why I could not go and view before purchasing, but it had the full refund policy bullshit.

It amazes me these people get away with it, and they must, otherwise they would not continue.

Have Fun :thumbup:

timbob

Post by timbob »

Definitely a scam same guy tried to sell t160 triumph after hacking someone else's account on eBay I contacted him and got theses replies

Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply. The bike is in pristine condition, no problems here, all documents available. The buy it now price including shipping is £4,000 (delivered to you in the UK). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale. I attached pictures. It's located in Aberdeen

then said how do we do the deal and got this

I must tell you that the bike belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away 7 months ago. I also have my son in the hospital back in Greece. I am out of the country most of the time and because of that i chose to handle the sale online through eBay. This way we can both be protected and insured. I will get somebody (a friend of mine) to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay. An inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. My friend is not in Aberdeen and will be traveling from a distance so I must be sure and not put him on the road based on words, no one would, because I have no one in Aberdeen.
You will receive the bike in 3-4 days and you will have the chance to inspect it for 5 days. The bike will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay. Also you will have to put your decision there and whether it will be an " Yes. i keep the bike" or " No, I want to return the bike" (in case it isn't as i described it), eBay will either advance the funds to me or give you a refund and my friend will collect the bike.
If you want it, let me know your ebay user id along with a phone number and your name, address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with ebay to proceed. If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon. My forwarded number is 01224433298

Then I replied and said no longer interested but know someone in the fraud squad who would be interested and got this

Suck my ba**s and call it dinner Nice!

all from N P <nipa19755@gmail.com>

contacted the legitimate eBay account holder who confirmed account had been hacked
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

timbob wrote:Definitely a scam
My friend will be traveling from a distance so I must be sure and not put him on the road based on words, no one would, because I have no one in Aberdeen.
Where is this road based on words? Has anyone ridden it?

Perhaps no-one would if they don't have a friend in Aberdeen.

I don't have a friend in Aberdeen, but if you live there, would you become one, temporarily, so that I, too, can ride this road based on words?

Yours since earlier,
Yr friend,
Tony

(Unless it's a scam, sent out by the Scottish and Highlands Tourist Board???????)

I just wanted to try out my new Mole-of-Kin tyre.
Wasn't much to ask, really.

Some people are so heartless.
:(
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.