bad end to a good day!!!!!

General Bike chat
Spiderman32

bad end to a good day!!!!!

Post by Spiderman32 »

well i took the old girl out yesturday for a blast nice sunny day and all that got the bike back to the garage put her to bed and went to my car to go home (the garage is rented near home) took off my boots and jacket put them in the car drove home and now i can't find the bike keys :thumbdown:
searched the car high and low searched the garage high and low no keys and i don't have spares either but to top it all off the bike has had an imobiliser fitted by a previous owner and the transponder is in the key itself

a new lock set and keys is the easy bit to replace but i don't know what to do about the imobiliser so if anyone has any ideas i'm all ears
Jazzscot

Re: bad end to a good day!!!!!

Post by Jazzscot »

Did you check the seat lock mate??

The number of times I have left mine there is mad.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Keys in boots......hopefully?
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

where are you ? if localish to peterborough i can remove the imbilliser for you properly , i sell alot of bikes and always remove the alarms and imobilisers before i sell them as there more trouble than there worth most of the time
bikes bought dead or alive crash damged , none runners , abandond projects
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

leaving in the seat lock has driven me nuts before

any disk locks or anything?

hope it all sorts out though - and I know nothing about immobilisers aside from the do what they say.sorry
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

This link might help mate if its worked :thumbup: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... T--h2GjaAU
Loud pipes save lives!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Jazzscot wrote:Did you check the seat lock mate??

The number of times I have left mine there is mad.

Jazz
HAHAH yeh same here done that way to much
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Yeah done that on the storm a lot where I have needed to get under the seat, ( left keys in ). Just think, they HAVE to be somewhere you got off the bike and turned it off when you went in the garage, try working backwards to the point you turned the key in the lock.

As for the immobilser fob, I always keep that on the house keys, there big enough to hear them drop, and I always have loads of keys cut for bikes, got 4 sets on key fobs for the Harley.
Spiderman32

Post by Spiderman32 »

well guys thanks for the heads up on checking locks seat etc...

but they have been found luckly by a guy who lives in the street where my garage is my sister in law who's garage that the bike is in went for a walk last night and was looking around where i park the car and the guy said he had found the keys after they told him they were looking for a lost set so it's a big panic over

so from now on i'll be hanging the keys around my neck just to make sure

big thanks to you for offering your help with the removal of the imobiliser and for the offer of the spare lock set for sale :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Spiderman32 wrote:well guys thanks for the heads up on checking locks seat etc...

but they have been found luckly by a guy who lives in the street where my garage is my sister in law who's garage that the bike is in went for a walk last night and was looking around where i park the car and the guy said he had found the keys after they told him they were looking for a lost set so it's a big panic over

so from now on i'll be hanging the keys around my neck just to make sure

big thanks to you for offering your help with the removal of the imobiliser and for the offer of the spare lock set for sale :thumbup:
The best thing to do is get several sets made up and buy some more fobs and get the programmed, to be safe. ( mind you saying that it depends if and who finds your lost set ).
Spiderman32

Post by Spiderman32 »

yep i think that the way i might go to be honest but i'm toying with just getting keys cut and mounting the fob somewhere on the bike around the ignition area
as it's a black piece of plastic scrwed onto the key so i'll have to have a look at it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Glad you found your keys mate.

Result :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside

Post by Image »

For obvious reasons you can't put your address on them but I have a tag on mine with my mobile number. It"s saved the day many times.