GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Post by tony.mon »

BigVeeGrin wrote:And I'm on my way :D see you guys tomorrow, am really looking forward to it.

And before Kevin or anyone starts up, leaving now has nothing to do with having a black storm. :D
He's saving petrol by pushing it all the way.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a MASSIVE thankyou seems to be in order, and it goes to kev for his amazing raindance......good on ya buddy.....you can now put your clothes back on :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

bazza696 wrote:
tankslappa wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:i'll meet everyone at Thurrock services at 8am.

If anyone needs petrol get it from tescos across the road, its 1.28p atm.
You'll have a lonely hour then! I think everyone else is aiming to be their for 9am :biggrin

I've just done my pre-Saturday checks, namely that the generator and timing mark plugs aren't seized, and they're fine. Took them out, gave them a wipe and put them back. So put me down for manual CCT's. I'll check the TPS while it's in bits too.

I'll be bringing my electricery meter and attempting to work out BSM's wiring, although from what I hear via Carl, it might just be best to push it down the road and torch it - assuming the wiring doesn't do that by itself! :biggrin
Do you have manuals in hand cause I will be bringing a few spare sets with me.
That's good call Bazza. The only manual I have is a PDF, although I do have a good circuit diagram. So if you have any other words they will be very handy.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i thought he was talking about cct's not workshop manuals :lol:
bring us a bacon butty bazza :D
see you tomorrow gents :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So if you have any other words they will be very handy = CCT's. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:So if you have any other words they will be very handy .....

Yes I've just finished doing the housework, good scrub, vacuum, dust even cleaned the windows.

So the other words I have are......baldrocks CUT OFF if anyone treads oil/grease/mud/general dirt/pineapple chunks/blue paint/bits of fake carbon, on me carpet. You have been warned. :twisted:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

was that aimed at me then mac :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It's difficult to tell with Mac, his comments are so subtle. Like a flying housebrick to the face!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So why wouldn't you leave the house as it was until AFTER all the muddy footprints etc?

You end up doing it twice, and none of us are going to inspect your standards of housekeeping.

Although now that you've brought the subject up, perhaps these might be helpful?

Housework Inspection Sheet

1. Are the carpets clean?
2. Are the bins emptied?
3. Is there any clutter?
4. Are all of the kitchen surfaces clean and hygienic?
5. Is there any washing up left out and not put away?
6. IS the garage swept, and all of the tools in their proper places?
7. Are all of the pictures hung nice and straight?
8. Is there both brown and tomato sauce available for the bacon sandwiches?
9. Have the rinds been cut off the bacon?
10. Has the fat been cut off the bacon?
11. Has the bacon been sourced from a local, environmentally friendly, kosher butcher?
12. Is there a sufficiency of biscuits, of at least three different varieties?
13. Is there enough toilet roll and air freshener in the gentlemen’s facilities?
14. Is a sufficient quantity of clean rag available for mechanic’s use?
15. Are sticky labels/name badges available, with space enough for both real and forum names?
16. Has a special parking space been made available, swept and polished, for any yellow bikes?
17. Is the topless bike wash staffed by male or female staff? (other options are also possible, but for the sake of brevity these have been omitted from the survey)
18. Has the Pineapple been placed upon its cushion, ready for the ceremony?
19. Has a flat cap, size large, been placed at a strategic position for tips?
20. Is there a good supply of motorcycle magazines for general perusal, if conversation flags?
21. Has a quarter-mile been measured and marked out on the road outside the house, for testing purposes?
22. Has the next-door-neighbour’s nubile 18yo daughter been given a fresh tub of Dubbin and a clean polishing cloth, for application to attendee’s leathers and nethers?
23. Is a good supply of non-own-brand tea and coffee been made available at regular intervals throughout the day?
24. Is there a vegetarian option?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
14. Is a sufficient quantity of clean rag available for mechanic’s use?
That reminds me, I need to cut up an old t-shirt. Just been sorting my tools out.

I need an old Evian bottle or something for old brake fluid Mac, so dig one out your recycling please. :thumbup:

Weather is looking good for south east so should be a productive day. :cool2

==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i thought he was talking about cct's not workshop manuals :lol:
bring us a bacon butty bazza :D
see you tomorrow gents :thumbup:
Ah, actually, yes, I think you're right. I have spoken to him about a set of manual in the past couple of weeks.

So yes please Bazza, a nice shiny set for me please :-)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I shall be bringing tools and supplies for:
Manual CCT fitting
Valve clearances, shims etc
Head bearing and fork refurbs
Carb balancing
Knocking alternator covers inspection caps round to get them loosened
Heatshrink and tubing for fitting coil-over plug cap conversions
General workshoppy things, adjustments, and giving recalcitrant bikes a stern talking-to.

For anyone requiring work that means lifting a bike off the floor, steering head/fork, front wheel out jobs- talk to Mac to find out if he has enough stands/hoists/skyhooks.

I will be going on the bike, and so won't be able to take stands.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Tony, I think you missed an item from the list:

- Copious amounts of window cleaning spray and kitchen roll for visor cleaning.

I shall hopefully be bringing all the tools I require to do my manual CCT's, although if there is a special Honda tool 179028475-12746 required once bits of engine are removed, I shall have to steal Tony's :-)

I'll be throwing a suitable selection of long reach 3/8 drive sockets into the tank bag and anything else that looks useful. I have a nice oil filter gripper, ripper off-er if anyone is doing a service I will bring that too. Far cleaner than attaching it with a screwdriver!

Apart from that, I think soldering iron, insulting tape, multimeter, shrink-wrap if I have any left.

What else? Ah, yes, travel mug, tea bags and some nibbles for the host.

And print off direction to put in the top window of the tank bag, 'cos I know what will happen when I reach Lakeside otherwise, a sea of blank "I thought you knew the way" expressions.

Have I forgotten anything?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:So why wouldn't you leave the house as it was until AFTER all the muddy footprints etc?Because it needed doing.

You end up doing it twice, and none of us are going to inspect your standards of housekeeping. Not for another week or two. If you do I will point you in the direction of the nearest ditch.

Although now that you've brought the subject up, perhaps these might be helpful?

Housework Inspection Sheet

1. Are the carpets clean?Sort of a few patches here & there but it's grey so shows foot prints up nicely!
2. Are the bins emptied?Yes
3. Is there any clutter?No, I don't do clutter.
4. Are all of the kitchen surfaces clean and hygienic?That depends on who is checking it, Clean yes, Hyginic..maybe.
5. Is there any washing up left out and not put away?No there wont be.
6. IS the garage swept, and all of the tools in their proper places? Was doing the garage just before I phoned you, took a coffee/fag break. It's not just swept I bloody hoovered it the other day! My tool is always in it's proper place & that's clean too!
7. Are all of the pictures hung nice and straight?Yes.
8. Is there both brown and tomato sauce available for the bacon sandwiches?Brown yes, just for you. Tomato someone can buy or bring...I've spent enough bloody money already.
9. Have the rinds been cut off the bacon?See that ditch over there?
10. Has the fat been cut off the bacon?See reply to 9.
11. Has the bacon been sourced from a local, environmentally friendly, kosher butcher?Do pigs fly?
12. Is there a sufficiency of biscuits, of at least three different varieties?Entrance fee for the day, bring your own.
13. Is there enough toilet roll and air freshener in the gentlemen’s facilities?Yes but I'm not expecting many Gentlemen to attend TBH.
14. Is a sufficient quantity of clean rag available for mechanic’s use?Yes.
15. Are sticky labels/name badges available, with space enough for both real and forum names?Yes, but only if you want to be really anal.
16. Has a special parking space been made available, swept and polished, for any yellow bikes?Ditch, that, see.
17. Is the topless bike wash staffed by male or female staff? (other options are also possible, but for the sake of brevity these have been omitted from the survey)I thought Marty was doing the topless bike washes? :Shock1:
18. Has the Pineapple been placed upon its cushion, ready for the ceremony?It will be.
19. Has a flat cap, size large, been placed at a strategic position for tips?No but I have a large bucket will that do?
20. Is there a good supply of motorcycle magazines for general perusal, if conversation flags?Yes. Plus the Moto GP practice will be on.
21. Has a quarter-mile been measured and marked out on the road outside the house, for testing purposes?No. The road is not straight, but you can use the road out of the village down to the port.
22. Has the next-door-neighbour’s nubile 18yo daughter been given a fresh tub of Dubbin and a clean polishing cloth, for application to attendee’s leathers and nethers?Sadly no 18yo neighbours daughters.
23. Is a good supply of non-own-brand tea and coffee been made available at regular intervals throughout the day?No I bought Tesco's own brand as it was cheaper. If you don't like it don't fecking drink it!
24. Is there a vegetarian option?
Yes I have musli & grass cuttings. A bacon sandwich is a bacon sandwich, veggies are just missing out. If they moan about it you can consul them in the ditch. You don't hear the pigs complaining about it do you.
Last edited by MacV2 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:was that aimed at me then mac :lol:
It's aimed at every one Marty.

Why are you paranoid or something?

Do you need to borrow Kev's tin foil hat?