GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTRDark

Re: GRAINSTORM....2012 Workshopday. 16th June

Post by VTRDark »

It's not a cheap a mod as you imagine....Rear 16 psi Front 10 psi.
I meant the spacer :lol: New tyres were already on my list of to get anyway, as I want a matching pair. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

What a fantastically productive day!

Many thanks to the hosts, Frank and Mac. 8)

I my CCTs done. Unfortunately completely forgot about the TPS until after I'd put everything back together again, so there's something for the next one!

Many thanks to HRH T. Mon for his CCT guidance and carefully calibrated ear, Roy for his assistance and tearing into the tank removal like a man on a mission and Bazza for the CCTs.

As expected I ended up attacking BSM's wiring with a soldering iron. Needless to say his loom has only a few bits in common with the wiring diagram. There seems to be bits of loom donated from a Mk II Granada in there in places. I swear I saw an electric window switch at one point (just behind the pineapple).

What I didn't expect was to get involved in brake/clutch bleeding - one of my least favourite things. I'm not sure quite how that happened, and why I chose to offer assistance on Carls bike (of all the bikes to pick!).

But wombles me wasn't it windy?! (That was before BSM discovered the sausage rolls too!). I can't remember who drew up next to me on the A2 on the way back and looked across to see if I was okay (one of the Essex Red Storms, Bazza?). I was okay, but I had had to drop the speed down as I was getting blown all over the place (tank bag sail I think). It was like trying to wrestle a greased pig on an ice ring!

Anyway, thanks to everyone concerned, great day, now I need a cuppa cha and a lay down before my neck gives in completely!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

StormingHonda wrote:
blob748 wrote:Thanks for a great day, good to be around other Stormas!!!! Its the first time my bike,s been called a Cyclops! lol Funny when Tonys top was used as a rag!
Looking forward to the next one,
Cheers
Med :biggrin
:lol: That was me, I just saw it lying on the floor and it looked dirty so I used it as a rag, it was an honest mistake :lol:

Sorry Tony. :oops:
Class, Tony "err, that's my top", hmm "yeah right Tony", bit of looking at top, looking at Tony. He's winding you up Storming, oh wombles, that's his top. :lol: Priceless.

Cracking day Mac, first class host :thumbup: :clap: and good to put names to faces etc etc. love the sticker, and fact is guys, black's fastest, blue slowest. Coz, I was there way before anyone having melted the southern M25, and Kev had to get a big head start home.

Btw - who invited the witness of Jehovah to check out valve tolerances.

Any road - thanks to all for the help, insight and baldrocks guys. Cheers Storming, good to know we both don't need shimming :wink:
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

And so it begins:

'Storm breakers yard

HRH begins to operate - BSM looks concerned (he'd just seen the pineapple).

Few neighbours ventured outside today. No idea why

The line on the right is actually 4 storms long... The last two are a little hard to spot as BSM and Carl decided to dismantle them so the entire bike could be posted through a 4 inch drain pipe and reassembled on the other side!

You don't see one for weeks, then they all turn up at once and want to use the garage!

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What I didn't expect was to get involved in brake/clutch bleeding - one of my least favourite things. I'm not sure quite how that happened, and why I chose to offer assistance on Carls bike (of all the bikes to pick!).
Thanks for that mate most appreciated, I needed the break. :wink:

Superb pictures (well done witness protecting plates) and even better annotations.

The funniest part of the day.
Class, Tony "err, that's my top", hmm "yeah right Tony", bit of looking at top, looking at Tony. He's winding you up Storming, oh wombles, that's his top. :lol: Priceless
Priceless
The Top was, do you know hold it was. :roll:
:lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well done to Kev, Tony, and frank.....have a virtual drink on me :beer:
AMcQ
Murv

Post by Murv »

Huge thanks to all for yesterday, it was a top day. Great to meet so many really top people, oh, and KevL :thumbup:

Particular thanks need to go to:

Mac: for hosting.
Johnsey: Spent the entire day crawling around in brake fluid sorting everyones brakes (including mine,) top man, thank you
Bazza & Tony: for their efforts to try and remove a seized nut on my rear reservoir
BSM: For the loom, cheers fella, much appreciated
KevL: For the rim strips (and for providing a Blue bike to mock) thanks matey, really good of you

And another thanks to everyone else there for the top company and laughs :beer:

I think my highlight of the day was the religious salesman (or whatever they are) turning up and Mac announcing, with hand turned towards the pile of stripped bikes, "this is my Church" :lol:

Looking forward to the next one :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Well done to Kev, Tony, and frank.....have a virtual drink on me :beer:
What the bloody hell did Kev do? :?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Murv wrote:
I think my highlight of the day was the religious salesman (or whatever they are) turning up and Mac announcing, with hand turned towards the pile of stripped bikes, "this is my Church" :lol:
This is my church & I worship at the alter of the Storm, we don't break the bread & drink the wine.We break CCT's & guzzle hydrocarbons.

Altogether now sing HALLELUJAH! ALL PRAISE THE STORM........Can I get a HELL YEAH from the back there!!!!!
Murv

Post by Murv »

HELL YEAH! :thumbup:
MacV2

Re: GRAINSTORM More pics.....

Post by MacV2 »

So the days pole position award went to Roy ....Big Vee Grin, said something somewhere about black being fastest blah blah blah, the fact that he left home at five past two in the morning to get here says it all really.

Swiftly followed, ha that's a joke, by Tankslappers very yellow Storm. ( even he described it as ''Custard'', which correct me if I'm wrong moves quite slowly....) In fact this was such a bright yellow even Tony had to don a welders masks when assisting with the CCT's.

Murv chose to come & worship at the Righteous House of the Assembled Storms instead of going fishing....after the break fettling he left early to drown some maggots..

After the work was complete Murv pondered how he could improve the looks of his bland silver bike...he scratched his head so hard he drew blood....thats when it dawned on him......Red, it's the way to go & you know it.

Things speed up when the Red hoards arrived...TBH they did arrive a bit late coz out of pity they waited & met up with some slower blue ones.
This is ''Cyclops'' Blob's fine red machine.

Right I'm off for some brekkie....got bacon left over :D

More pics to follow, including Dancing, Semi naked Storms & semi naked men.........TBC......
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Well done to Kev, Tony, and frank.....have a virtual drink on me :beer:
What the bloody hell did Kev do? :?
Oops I ment Mac.....I will go and paint my bike blue in shame :(
AMcQ
edds11

Post by edds11 »

glad you all had a good time, sorry I didn't make it, wind, rain 200 miles each way. I would have still done it but forgot a little thing like my nephews wedding. which turned out to be a rather momentous occasion in its own right. who's is the storm with the single underseat pipe?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

edds11 wrote:glad you all had a good time, sorry I didn't make it, wind, rain 200 miles each way. I would have still done it but forgot a little thing like my nephews wedding. which turned out to be a rather momentous occasion in its own right. who's is the storm with the single underseat pipe?
Was the pissup at the end worth it though?

Red storm underseat pipe belongs to Blob748, it got christened ''Cyclops'' on the day.
MacV2

Re: GRAINSTORM...more pics

Post by MacV2 »

Commemorative stickers were provided of the day.

Much fun was had throughout the day. In-between sorting peoples breaks out for them Jonsey entertained everyone with his ritualistic dancing.

''Altogether now.....You put the left line in, you do the left line tight, you fill it all with fluid & you make it break right, you do the Hokey Breaky & you shake it all about!!''

Everyone ignored the poor blue bike, even the other bikes wanted nothing to do with him, making him park on the other side of the cone'd off VIB* area.

* Very Important Bike.

Poor Jonesey was kept so busy he didn't even get to finish his bacon sarnie, this was pic was taken 4 hours after it was cooked......

Marty's wide load...the biggest tool of the day....came in useful as a wind break whilst soldering.....

Jonesey got down to his grundies for the Grain 2012 Invitational Wheelbarrow Pushing final, then realised something was missing......Decided to un-re-size this one as you needed to see those impressive knees in more detail. You were all lucky I didn't get to the camera before the top & socks went on!
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.