Bloody weather people

General Biker Banter
Flatline

Bloody weather people

Post by Flatline »

"Oh you poor Northern people, it's pouring down south, floods in fact, and you're going to get it this weekend!"

"Be careful and take your waterproofs with you. And don't forget to take some spare food in case you get stuck in a puddle, and drive carefully and watch out cos there might be spray ahead but you won't be able to see it cos we reckon you're stupid"

Right then methinks, no riding this weekend so best get the bike sorted!

Fer fooks sake, what a great day for a ride!!!!

baldrocks to them all, and parking ticket issuers or whatever they're called nowadays

Now I have to do something in the gardennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :thumbdown:
Vtrkidda

Re: Bloody weather people

Post by Vtrkidda »

Sunny here cracking the flags :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Same been brilliant all day here today

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
boz

Post by boz »

Crappin down all weekend here but still been out. At the very least it improves the old skills. Got good waterproofs so its better than staying in :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have you sorted the storm now Boz?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Last Thursday the weather rerport was not looking good :( I took a chance and decided to go for a ride around North Wales and visit a mate of mine in Angelsy.
Ended up doing 300 miles, ran into a very light shower near Ruthin, apart from that I had a brilliant days riding in mainly bright sky with plenty of sun :thumbup: :D
Sometimes I think they just go over the top with the forecast just to save their arses :oops:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
firestorm996

Bloody weather people

Post by firestorm996 »

Brightened up nicely around here yesterday so after I'd finished childminding duties (the missus works Sunday's) me and my brother went out for a leisurely jaunt to southport :-)
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
boz

Post by boz »

Kev L wrote:Have you sorted the storm now Boz?
Yep, all is running as it should. Put it in a local garage and all is well for now. Still going to sell it sooner rather than later though.
CBR900rr Fireblade
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cheekykev wrote: Sometimes I think they just go over the top with the forecast just to save their arses :oops:
I think you're right, that's what comes of trying to turn a guessing game into a science.

Some of my best rides have been in the rain, battling the elements as well as tiredness, bloody other traffic, foreign road signs and soggy maps, petrol stations closed outside office hours etc.
The sort of ride where you don't exactly enjoy it, but it's really good to look back on and pat yourself on the back for getting the job done anyway.

And bike tyres cut through standing water better than car tyres, so you can always frighten them as you go past while they're aquaplaning, assuming your tyres are good. :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
boz

Post by boz »

Just got in from a 3 hour run in the pissing rain. And guess what, I've got a big smile on my face despite nearly coming off (entering a slip road carrying too much speed, braked and the rear wheel went al over the place. Came off the brakes and leaned through it. Thank fook for new Conti's, the dogs in the wet).
The bike is manky and I feel like someone has stuck a hose down my neck....my boots are sodden wet inside and my hands are freezing, bloody summer gloves. Bloody good run though ducking massive puddles and really having to think what I'm doing much further in advance. Get out there everyone, it aint that bad :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade