HMRC robbing B******ds

General Biker Banter
TonyW650

HMRC robbing B******ds

Post by TonyW650 »

Is it me or are HMRC a rule unto them selves.

Just had a letter saying that me and my ex wife owe them over 6k in child tax credits going back to 2005!
we had a overpayment in 2007 which we paid back and they said everything was sorted, now 5 years later they say there is a out standing over payment totally 6k+
and they want it paid in 30 days!

They work of you NI number so know how much you have earned so how can they get to this figure!

I find it incredulous that its taken the 7 years to come up with this!
who has a spare 6k in there pockets in this climate!
Spitting feathers is the understatement.

Sorry guys needed to rant as someone, anyone else had problems with HMRC as they said this is very very common, if it was that common it would be in the national papers!
scott02464

Re: HMRC robbing B******ds

Post by scott02464 »

They are bloody nuisances these nobs!

I had a second job a while ago and was self employed. Finished the business completely in 2010, but Iv literally (fingers crossed) heard the last of them very recently!

Very slack I thinks!
boz

Post by boz »

You think of all th robbing scum fiddling more and more money from us all and what do the government do....chase decent people over their own mistakes. You should be let off with it mate, simple as that. You've done nothing wrong. Someone at the DSS should be losing their job over this.
CBR900rr Fireblade
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I would be going down the citizens advice if I was you, if you can find one. But either way get some legal advice mate.

How can they expect you to pay that amount of money, it's ridiculous. If the worst comes to the worst maybe you could just pay them a 10p a week until the debt is cleared. :lol:

b8stard.....

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

My dear old mum passed away 5 years ago, some time prior to that a well meaning social worker had her filling in benifit forms to get more money, she was registered blind and had some other problems,this was all very well untill she died and we had to pay back around 6 grand.
We took it to court and the upshot was the social worker could not be found !! and therefore we were at fault :wtf:
I even had to rob the kids savings.
Now I am no pushover, and my missus trains people who manage social workers and others in that type of job so basically we know our stuff, bit like being on trial for a serious crime you did not commit, as an only child the estate passed to me, making us liable to pay it back.

So watch out for these, well,...... words fail me
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

OH forgot

there was no paying it back tenner a week we dont fit into the category, im white, middle class (whatever that is) and self employed, so they wanted it now
pariah

Post by pariah »

Other half got a letter drop through the door today from said same department.

Opend it up and wow, they sent a tax rebate to just over £500 quid. Wicked she thought, that was until she noticed that they had made it payable to a complete stranger with the correct 1st and 2nd name but wrong surnames.Correct Ni mumber . FFS whatmore can they Duck up.
She called them and woman explained human error and will put a stop on that one and re issue. Should now be at least another 6 weeks .

Need we say more about our goverment tax department. :whatever :confused