HELP!!!! Gold Valves!!

General Bike chat
Masu

HELP!!!! Gold Valves!!

Post by Masu »

Guys, a quick answer is needed here. It is now 4:30 PM on Saturday, I have a good friend coming over with his VTR on Monday morning early to swap out his forkspings and oil, and put in gold valves. I've done the spring swap, and am not in the least bit worried about that, but not the gold valves. I hear it is easy, is it?

Any pointers?

Before I got the low down from Roger at Revolution Racing, and he said

"5mm pull through on the forks, 4mm slip plate out back, 7.5wt oil, 140mm air gap, and a combined spring and spacer length of 410mm, set the front static sag at 28 mm".

That was for the new Racetech spring I put in and the stock valving.

I think the bike handles much better, and I've put off going the gold valve route, but my buddy wants to do it, and has the parts in hand.

I need to know if the spring/spacer length is still the same with the racetech gold vlaves installed, do they take up any of the spacer spring length??

Like I said, first time with the gold valves.

I sent a mail off to roger, but I worry he may be very busy this time of year, and would not be able to respond by Monday morning my time (Tokyo Japan +9 hours GMT).

I will have a look at the gold valves insturctions when they get here, but a heads up now may save me some time and frustrations.

TIA

Cheers!
"Not all who wander are lost."
-J. R. R. Tolkien