Hi and help!!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
newfirestormowner

Hi and help!!

Post by newfirestormowner »

Hi there to you all. Well i finally got my Firestorm :D ,a 97 plate in black with 14k on the clock big smiles all round... except when i got it home and parked it up while i went away on holday the alarm/ immobiliser has messed up and i cant start the bike, no codes or anything like that :( Reading around it seems best to take it off the bike. Anyone done this? How hard is it? Hows do I do it?
Any help much appreciated so I can get on the road. Cheers
snakebitey

Re: Hi and help!!

Post by snakebitey »

Know the alarm's make/model? That'd help to find some specific instructions!

I used to have a Hawk one that was awesome, when it worked! But sometimes it'd kick the immobiliser on while I was riding....

My advice from that - rip it out.

It's likely to be wired into the ignition switch, somewhere in the sparking circuit, and usually they can be wired into the fuel pump.

If it's like the Hawk one I had, you'll need to trace the wires from the alarm to where they attach into the bike's wiring. Find the break in the bike's wiring, cut the alarm wires off and re-solder and heat-shrink the bike's wiring back together.
Working manual CCTs thanks to the wonderful folks of this forum :)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Welcome to the forum. Alarms are great when they are working but as soon as there is a problem they turn into a nightmare.
Like Alternative said if you can list the model of alarm you have, that may help. Where's your location?

With my old Meta Alarm it has a built in battery back up, that Obviously goes of if the battery is removed or goes flat. Once the built in battery uses up all it's juice it's a throwaway. Stupid I know, and I would have thought they could make it rechargeable. So the moral of the story is if going away for any length of time it's best to leave the bike on trickle charge.

You may end up having to trace the wires in the alarm through the bikes wiring loom to where the ignition immobiliser has been wired in. Unless you have a pin number or key to completely disable the alarm.

:beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Just before everyone rushes in with suggestions of how to remove an alarm lets consider rephrasing the original message.

Hello all, i'm a thief and I've just helped myself to someone's pride and joy. I know this is my first post, and you've no idea who I am, but I'm looking for help from owners on how to remove the alarm so I can flog the bike to some poor, unsuspecting chap, and fleece him for loads of dosh.

I'm sure that's not the case but you never know...............

Always surprised how quickly people offer help to strangers on how to by-pass security.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard newfirestormowner :thumbup:

You have a very valid point there Rich :!:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mmm That's a very valid point Cuppa, Point taken. :thumbup: But even so it would mean a huge strip down of the bikes main wiring loom to disable without the pin number or key.

alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Why not contact the alarm company and ask there advice? If this is a legit new owner you won't have an issue with that and they will best know how to disable there own equipment.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

cupasoop wrote:Just before everyone rushes in with suggestions of how to remove an alarm lets consider rephrasing the original message.

Hello all, i'm a thief and I've just helped myself to someone's pride and joy. I know this is my first post, and you've no idea who I am, but I'm looking for help from owners on how to remove the alarm so I can flog the bike to some poor, unsuspecting chap, and fleece him for loads of dosh.

Always surprised how quickly people offer help to strangers on how to by-pass security.
Lol quality :lol:

And true :-)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Assuming you're genuine, try pushing it a couple of hundred metres away, and seeing if it'll start then.

There are a lot of stories of interference from all sorts of things, but mostly mobile phone masts, that interfere with alarms.

Or, if you ARE a thief, please post your address and I'll send detailed instructions and a "how-to".

There, that should do it.
:thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
newfirestormowner

Post by newfirestormowner »

cupasoop wrote:Just before everyone rushes in with suggestions of how to remove an alarm lets consider rephrasing the original message.

WOW!!!!!!!! Didn't see that one coming!!!!!
Dont you think if I was a thief I'd already know some other dodgy bloke or garage that could "hot wire" the bike for me so I could raz it around then bin it somewhere and torch it?????

I came here for help hoping one of you guys might be able to help some "ordinary guy" very happy to finally buy a fabulous bike without the "under world connections" he could use to get the bike working!!!

Ah well I guess thats the state of the country.

Any way to those who answered "sensibly" using their common sense... A Big thank you for your advice I will take it to a dealer and have it properly removed!!
To those with big mouths and small brains no thanks at all!!
See ya around
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To those with big mouths and small brains no thanks at all!
It's not like that at all. Even this forum has to be careful from a legal side of things, which is probably why admin stepped in. There are plenty of nefarious people out there.

This is a very friendly forum and we are here to help, but you have to take the wind ups and banter that comes along with it, which is what makes it all the more fun.

scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

newfirestormowner wrote: To those with big mouths and small brains no thanks at all!!
See ya around
Did you know that if you put your fists together so that both your palms are touching that is the size of the individual's brain.

As you say, not that big really, unless you have massive shovel hands :lol:
SneakyF

Post by SneakyF »

Amazes me he even asked. If I was him I'd of looked at the alarm type and gone to THAT forum not the bikes one.
Failing that if hes keen on getting the thing removed seems most dealers for about £50 quid or less will sort him out AND he doesnt get the hassle of sorting out a wiring loom issue once hes hacked at it !!!
Good bye and good riddance, cupasoop had a darn good point.
If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.
Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

As ever Cuppa made a valid warning about the potential darkside when dealing with new arrivals, and although the risk is very small, we have to remember that the world outside this forum is not such a nice place these days :(
Those who have been on here a while will know there has been 1 or 2 people who have joined up and caused problems because we assumed they will be genuine like 99.99% of our members, but they weren't!

To the original poster...assuming he comes back....don't get so easily offended, no one was calling your thief...you are just new and hence unknown
AMcQ