Both my Firestorms STOLEN (** 1 recovered !!/ 2nd destroyed)

General Bike chat
Boubepo

Re: Both my Firestorms STOLEN (** 1 recovered !!)

Post by Boubepo »

I had a bike stolen couple of years ago, it put me on a downer for weeks, so I know how it feels.

There are a few breakers in this part of the world [Southern Spain] but none of them ever seem to have a complete bike, even when they list a new broken bike, there never seems more than 30 spare parts listed per bike or per breaker, my guess is, they are all linked and share the spare parts of stolen bikes to avoid detection.

If anything shows up down here I will be on it
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just read this mate, really sorry to hear the bikes were nicked. Fingers crossed the road bike will turn up soon in one piece. Good luck with it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

very sorry to hear the news! at least one bike has been returned, hopefully the other will follow!!but its the damage they do taking them.my mate had his fazer stolen last year all that remained was the pin out of his steering lock,they even stole his bike chain. imagine that a theiving scumbag stealing a bike chain to lock up his stolen bike so it doesnt get stolen!!!!

i hope it works out well for you..got my fingers crossed for you
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good news that the uninsured one has been recovered and the wombles detained...looking positive that they might find the other one as well :thumbup:
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

Gutted for you. Its a horrid feeling. I hope you get it back.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Murv

Post by Murv »

Sorry to hear that mate, theiving wombling wombles make me sick :x
Totally agree they need their thieving hands cut off, preferably with a small rusty penknife and from the neck down.

Glad one's been recovered, and it does sound hopeful for the road bike. Fingers crossed for you
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

For Fecks Sake, gutted for you Steve. Utter shitbags want stringing up by the baldrocks.
I'll keep a lookout for the silver one, If I can do anything for you just shout up fella.
Hope you get it back in one piece.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

aces-high wrote:For Fecks Sake, gutted for you Steve. Utter shitbags want stringing up by the baldrocks.
I'll keep a lookout for the silver one, If I can do anything for you just shout up fella.
Hope you get it back in one piece.
Same. And echo what all the others say. Fingers crossed for you
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Glad to hear you have one back. good luck on the other one. As for the thieving scum..It would be nice to see them get some serious time but we all know they will end up with a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again...sometimes think taking the law in to your own hands is the better option. no hands means no thieving... :twisted:
Stormer Dave

Post by Stormer Dave »

Glad to hear you got one back any news on the Roadbike?....Doin Time is the wrong thing doing work is the answer..like digging roads...plenty to do there then...twats...
:clap: complex personalities lead you to v-twin happiness......if you can get to turn in.......that is.....
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Gutted to hear about this, always get that sick feeling when someone's property is taken..
I have a contact who does a handy trick with a length of garden hose, bit of barbed wire and a blow torch. Sorted the chap out permanently I hear...
Will keep eyes open up here bud.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

good news to get the one back, im sure it must lead to the recovery of the other :thumbup:

did the police say they needed any help with the interrogation? they reckon they are always busy?

i,ll help, i got some sidecutters and a soldering iron!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Police just called me. The other bike has been found burnt out on some wasteland :( It is a group of 17yr olds who just joy ride on them. What a mindless act to do to something which I loved so much

She even said the chance proving them guilty was slim and the chance of them get a decent punishment was even slimmer. To be fair, she sounded more frustrated about this than me. I asked can't they be made to pay me. She said if you are very very lucky you might me able to get something like £2 a week.

I love this country,
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Steve6088 wrote:Police just called me. The other bike has been found burnt out on some wasteland :( It is a group of 17yr olds who just joy ride on them. What a mindless act to do to something which I loved so much

She even said the chance proving them guilty was slim and the chance of them get a decent punishment was even slimmer. To be fair, she sounded more frustrated about this than me. I asked can't they be made to pay me. She said if you are very very lucky you might me able to get something like £2 a week.

I love this country,
words cant describe how sh1t that is mate :(

any luck with insurance at all? hows the race bike?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
AMCQ46

Re: Both my Firestorms STOLEN (** 1 recovered !!/ 2nd destro

Post by AMCQ46 »

I guess that is the worst news, not a lot you can do to rebuild or salvage after that :(

any news on the insurance position now?
AMcQ