Firestorm bhp max

General Biker Banter
macfreebe

Firestorm bhp max

Post by macfreebe »

Any 1 out ther know the max u can get out of the firestorm engine whether its dino jet ,sport exhaust ,filter or any other tricks
Wicky

Re: Firestorm bhp max

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It depends, (it also depends on the dyno you're using, some read higher than others).
But with cans, filter and a dj kit, expect 106/7, (cue all the owners telling you they got 120).

With high comp pistons, head work, cams, etc, 125 is reasonable.
Over that requires lots of cash, and an uprated frame to take the power without the back of the gearbox cracking off.
(No, I'm not joking).

But really, beyond cans, filter and dj, sell it and buy an SP1 or 2.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

tony.mon wrote:
That's what I have always thought Tony
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

tony.mon wrote:It depends, (it also depends on the dyno you're using, some read higher than others).
But with cans, filter and a dj kit, expect 106/7, (cue all the owners telling you they got 120).

With high comp pistons, head work, cams, etc, 125 is reasonable.
Over that requires lots of cash, and an uprated frame to take the power without the back of the gearbox cracking off.
(No, I'm not joking).

Physician, heal thyself!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Good thing about keeping the storm though, is when you duff up the gixer rider on your favorite twisty, you know its the rider, not the bike. Always gives me that little wry smile inside my lid :D :D
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

leevtr wrote:Good thing about keeping the storm though, is when you duff up the gixer rider on your favorite twisty, you know its the rider, not the bike. Always gives me that little wry smile inside my lid :D :D
Oh yes! :lol: :lol:

It's even more fun on the TDM with just 78 bhp. They clear off like wounded greyhounds when the road straightens but that isn't the point of course. :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

its even more fun when you do it on a 34 year old z650, had a guy about year and half ago on one of my favourite roads down here on the Romney marsh, I'm alway riding this road, it like 5 mikes of S bend great for the storm, from a billage called Burmarsh to bottom of Lympe.
this guy was on a GSXR600 and I scared the crap out of him, come flying up behind him, took him into the first corner, then after that he started to kind of back off, may well have been he could see the frame flexing, as had to fight it into a few corners lol, thank god the frames braced and has a jmc and steering damper other wise I wouldn't have tried it.
He vanished quick when we got to a straight up a hill, turns out we was going to the same cafe and when I got there and saw the same guy taking to a few of my mates and went over and said Hi, he mumbled and never said a word lol
SPIV

Post by SPIV »

Have a dyno chart that says 110 bhp ..... :clap:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Exhaust, K&N and Dynojet

Image:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There's a correction factor that all dyno operators have to set first.
It's meant to correct for factors such as air pressure, humidity, temp etc.

But most dyno operators want you to be happy, so.......

If you take the same bike to several different dynos they'll come up with different results.

The only really useful numbers are before and after sets for each mod, as comparisons to each other. They aren't absolute.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Stratman wrote:
leevtr wrote:Good thing about keeping the storm though, is when you duff up the gixer rider on your favorite twisty, you know its the rider, not the bike. Always gives me that little wry smile inside my lid :D :D
Oh yes! :lol: :lol:

It's even more fun on the TDM with just 78 bhp. They clear off like wounded greyhounds when the road straightens but that isn't the point of course. :D
My greyhounds would just stand there and whine, which is also about right :thumbup: