Le Mans MotoGP

General Biker Banter
dm1663

Le Mans MotoGP

Post by dm1663 »

Hello all.
I'm going to the MotoGP at LeMans later this month. Can anybody recommend a good place to view the racing from and are ther any of those diamond screens like they have at Donington?

Thanks in advance.
DM
loosescrew

Post by loosescrew »

When i went to Le Mans 3 or 4 years ago, I watched the race from the concrete stands across the track from the end of the pit lane! During the practice/qualifying Le Mans offers supurb viewing all around the track, mainly due to fewer other spectators and that they are always on the move, leaving plenty of gaps next to the fencing!
But on race day all those viewing points are taken early in the morning by the French with their picnic chests and chainsaw engines! If you are prepared to arrive at the circut at dawn or before then I would recommend the stand at the 1st chicane, though I don't know if they have a screen! There was a screen at the next corner, with massive banking on the inside but again this will fill up quickly as the sun rises!
I arrived at the spot across from the end of the pit wall about an hour before the races started :D , there was a screen about 50yds after the pitlane exit 8) , it was at a point where the riders were just starting to sort themselves out from the start, and was where they peel into probably the fastest corner on the GP calander 8) !!
Disadvantages, probably no different from any other spot:- Language, you are in the middle of fannatical French fans :? , all-be-it they were very good humoured, 8) I was on my own and couldn't leave my spot else it would have been gone, hense a large bladder and tightly crossed legs needed :oops: , and this spot was too close to the finish to see the celebrations after the race! :roll:

A great race to go to see.....enjoy yourself!

Mike