Animal rescues

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Animal rescues

Post by StormingHonda »

The wife and I have decided to get another cat, we have had 9 in the past ( yes all at once ) and these have been cats that have been litterly dumped on us by other people. Sadly memphis the last and very elderly car was run over by a kindly gentlemen on purpose, he was seen doing it.

We decided this time we were going to be very selfish and THIS TIME get a kitten and only want a kitten as our dog is 6 years old and we want the children to see a kitten, as stated above we are not people who usually turn down older animals.

We got our jack russel from a rescue centre a couple of years ago, and it was a nightmare, the previous owner LIED through their teeth about the dog and he is basicly the dog from hell, I have ended up with another dog that cannot be trusted to take for a walk even with a muzzle on, if he saw another dog he will move heaven and hell to attack it.

Anyway I have been trying to contact some cat sanctuarys to get a kitten, these people have non working emails and phone lines that they dont answer its a friggin nightmare, and they wonder why people dont try to give a recuse animal a home.
AMCQ46

Re: Animal rescues

Post by AMCQ46 »

our kitten came from cat rescue place.........we had to go on a waiting list!..........it is a Grumpy old cat now, but it has always been a bit mental!.
1) it is frightened of its own shadow and still cant use an electronic cat flap as the "click" noise when it releases the latch frightens the cat and it runs away letting the cat flap relatch!
2) when it does come in through the cat flap into the house it has to run through the kitchen at max speed incase there is someone waiting to attack it! then once it feel safe it will come back into the kitcken.
3) it doesnt dig a hole to sh1t or piss in, it just does it on the grass!
4) when it snowed it wouldnt go outside and when I chucked her out to make sure she did the toilet.....she didnt, she came back into the garage and pissed all over the rubber matting i use to lie on when I am working under the bike or car! [needless to say it got its face rubbed in the pool of piss and it got thrown further out into the snow for that] so next day it pissed in the shower up stairs [which I didnt mind half as much as pissing in my garage!].

I still wonder how a kitten who was born in the rescue center managed to get all the fears and behaviours you would expect from a stray cat. was it handed down from the mum or the other cats in there telling it what a scary place the world was!
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

points 3 and 4 above make me wonder why anyone would ever want to give a home to a cat?
sorry I just don't get it?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

lumpyv wrote:points 3 and 4 above make me wonder why anyone would ever want to give a home to a cat?
sorry I just don't get it?
If I gave you a list of what things my kids get up to you would wonder why people have kids to, I think the answer is we like to punish ourselves.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If I gave you a list of what things my kids get up to you would wonder why people have kids to, I think the answer is we like to punish ourselves.
I like that :lol:

I don't mind cats and enjoy other peoples but I would never have one, I'm more a dog lover. Bring on the the comedians. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:
I like that :lol:

I don't mind cats and enjoy other peoples but I would never have one, I'm more a dog lover. Bring on the the comedians. :biggrin

(:-})

There you go, two for the price of one. A comedian & a dog... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

We have a cat....it kips all day, out on the town at night
an idyllic life me thinks and he's better pampered / fed etc etc..

Our local cat refuge centre in my home town see all " owners in waiting "..
and visit their home before they let a cat get discharged out of the centre into
the new owners custody so to speak I suppose this varies from town to town. :thumbup:
Alb :wave: