Superhawk mods

General Bike chat
micromigit50

Superhawk mods

Post by micromigit50 »

I do not own a super hawk but i am thinking of getting a 1998 SuperHawk or a 2002 Honda 919. I have been doing alot of reaserch on both and have been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks. I currently ride a '97 Magna and frequently ride a '99 CBR 600( my friends). Anyway i would like more infor on all of the modifications to do to this bike.

I am 5'5'' and pretty agressive.

What have you done to your bike?
Sprocket changes?
Tire size changes?
Power Commanders?
Exaust systems and rejeting?
Seat comments?
Handle Bar ajustments?
Anything else?

Thank-you very much.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: Superhawk mods

Post by firestorm_al »

micromigit50 wrote:I do not own a super hawk but i am thinking of getting a 1998 SuperHawk or a 2002 Honda 919. I have been doing alot of reaserch on both and have been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks. I currently ride a '97 Magna and frequently ride a '99 CBR 600( my friends). Anyway i would like more infor on all of the modifications to do to this bike.

I am 5'5'' and pretty agressive.

What have you done to your bike?
Sprocket changes?
Tire size changes?
Power Commanders?
Exaust systems and rejeting?
Seat comments?
Handle Bar ajustments?
Anything else?

Thank-you very much.
The Fireblade has a better chassis straight out of the box and should run rings out a standard VTR. The Blade is a similar size to the CBR6 so you should take to it right away.

The VTR needs a bit more tweaking to get the best out of it but has a lot more character along with it. Some people get to grips with V-Twins and other's just don't like them at all.

I would say that you should definetly try and get a shot on one first.

Al.
micromigit50

Post by micromigit50 »

in the next few weeks i am going to test drive one. I prolly won't get my next bike for a few monts. After buying my next bike i know within a couple of months i will want to modify the bike. i just love costomizing my bike. My magna has a few bells and whisles. Anyway i am looking for the potital the bike has to be customized and what you guys think are good things to do for the bike. i don't want to rush into anything i was just looking for some good advice from some exsperioenced people. thanks.

So back to my first post of mods...........
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

1. Proper tyres ( BT010 or D207RR's)
2. Set of Race cans.
3. Braided hoses
4. Forks re-sprung (RaceTech or Ohlins single rate)
5. Rear shock ( WP, Ohlins, Penske etc. )
X. Stage one Dynohet kit & filter (no fuel injection so no powercomander here!)

Al.