identifying nuts and bolts

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MacV2

Re: identifying nuts and bolts

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I don't think those two are off the Storm. Don't forgot your take-away container is full of all sorts. You just pulling anything out now. :lol:

(:-})
that should make things interesting !! I think they are off your nans hoover :lol:
Well one things for sure they certainly ain't off his glasses !

They aren't the bolts off the hinges to that compartmented deluxe nut & bolt storage container you have are they by any chance ?

No ?

I didn't think so.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: i think this thread is going to run and run. C'mon marty, what's next out of the quality street tin?
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

BigVeeGrin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: i think this thread is going to run and run. C'mon marty, what's next out of the quality street tin?
:D I see what you did there BVG.

Thread :D in a nuts and bolts discussion.

Very good :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jazzscot wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: i think this thread is going to run and run. C'mon marty, what's next out of the quality street tin?
:D I see what you did there BVG.

Thread :D in a nuts and bolts discussion.

Very good :thumbup:
More likely to be a Whitwerthers Originals tin...or possibly an Imperial Mints box...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

here we go again, two more bolts, different sizes this time, one is wider than the earlier banjo bolt and the other is thinner but longer, i've shown them against a 1 euro coin(so al can't claim it as his)
any ideas guys????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol:

The longer one looks like the rear caliper bolt that goes through the rubber. And the shorter one could be the subframe mounting bolt or is it from the clip ons/forks.

I think this thread needs to be re-named to Guess the Part. :lol:

Well it's 1.40 and it's not snowing so it looks like I shall be popping over for coffee in the morning If I wake up early enough. I'll give you a call. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote::lol: :lol:

The longer one looks like the rear caliper bolt that goes through the rubber. And the shorter one could be the subframe mounting bolt or is it from the clip ons/forks.

I think this thread needs to be re-named to Guess the Part. :lol:

Well it's 1.40 and it's not snowing so it looks like I shall be popping over for coffee in the morning If I wake up early enough. I'll give you a call. :thumbup:

speak tomorrow buddy.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MikaelJ

Post by MikaelJ »

Not too sure as I am no where near a euro coin but the longer one almost looks like the bolt to hold down the gas tank in front... but again my sense of scale could be off some. Good luck trying to id all you misc. parts though. Thicker one might be for the rear subframe, but would have to go and check to be sure, you pretty well need a bike in front of you to definitely id bolts unfortunately.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Long one looks like the top yoke clamp, short one has me stumped
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Short one is one of the ones that holds the rear engine mounts on, little triangular castings that support the lower shock mounts and sidestand brackets etc.
Alternatively one of the ones that supports the fairing stay bracket at the front of the frame, that sticks forwards off the frame under the clocks.

The previous mystery one with shoulders go into the tail fairing underneath the tail end of the pillion seat near the tail light.
The shoulder is to prevent cracking the tail plastics as mentioned, they're M6 I think.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There's a clue on the longer bolt as it has Blue paint on it, so whatever it came out off was painted Blue.

==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:There's a clue on the longer bolt as it has Blue paint on it, so whatever it came out off was painted Blue.

Threadlock/locktite, unless people have stated painting inside the bolt holes these days, maybe it's a new trend that I haven't caught up with yet.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the blue paint suggests one of three things, a...brake calipers b....front subframe c.... could be anything
the reason being a and b were painted blue and bolts were inserted as not to get paint on the threads, c...could be i just grabbed any bolt that fitted at the time.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
its deffo not the front tank bolt or the rearsubframe bolt tho they are both to small for those jobs, i have a feeling tonys on the right track....more bolts to follow soon gents.... :p
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Marty,

This is called a ruler, it measures things, if used correctly, with one of these you could tell us in the post the length, diameter & head size of the various bolts you want identified.
Using a coin as a scale is a fairly good idea, except A/ we don't all have Euros laying around... B/ The picture is not in 1:1 size ratio.
Using a ruler in a picture gives you the scale & measurement in the pic, lets face it it works for CSI...

If you don't have one handy, I have a few laying around & would be happy to let you rent one off me for a not inconsiderable sum.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mac you are all Heart, the way you readily assisst the less able!!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF