what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Took seat /tank/standard air box /carbs off - removed the diaphragms and fitted the old ones .
Reset mixture to 1.5 out on both .
Put it all back together with the gutted air box then took it for a very quick blast down the A46 to make sure it would pull through the revs !
And it pulls very well but I have a serge at cruse and won't know wether it lean or rich till its up to temp on a good run tomorrow .

It's surprising how fast I forgot how quick kermit is !

Out for a good ride tomorrow with amcq46 (don't know why he uses 46 as he's more like 60 )
And will adjust mixtures then .
Rob

Post by Rob »

Took it for an MOT.

Place looked closed except for a bloke washing a van. I asked if it was open he said no, but what do you want? - I said MOT so he opened up for me and did me an MOT.

Very good of him - and the bike passed with no problem :D He then told me how good the VTR is and how they rarely fail MOT's as they were made when Honda still made quality bikes. Has Honda quality slipped lately?

Chatting afterwards about bikes I mentioned I had a Griso SE and he said that is the bike he would like next.

So I took the VTR home and went for a blast on the Griso.

Can life get any better than that?
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What a nice guy opening up for you.
Has Honda quality slipped lately?
I think quality with everything these days has done downhill. How's the old saying go. They don't build things like they used to.

Congrats on passing anyway. Did you put baffles in for it :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be!!
Don't you mean ''Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to , er wotsit, thingimebob, you know, it's Tuesday I think, where's me slipper's...''
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I will ignore the taunting of the near Frenchman that is Mac!(Kent, it's almost France!!!).
Today I fitted some new Brembo front pads to my 954 calipers, balanced the carbs as best I can but I'm not convinced as yet (Factory Pro Ti stage 1 kit and K&N filter fitted recently) so I will give it a blat and see whether some Dyno time will be required.
Gave the chain & sprockets a clean up and lubed them up, HMMMMMM lube!
Anyway here's a conundrum for you, why is it that when you are up to your elbows in grease/oil/cleaner that your mobile goes off and you have to try to extricate said item from your pocket without smearing the oil etc over clothing or phone. How do they know?

If anyone wants some Goldfen front pads for 954 calipers (think they also do 600rr) they are free to anyone who wants them. Only on the bike for about four months and probably 2000 miles.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I will ignore the taunting of the near Frenchman that is Mac!(Kent, it's almost France!!!).
Today I fitted some new Brembo front pads to my 954 calipers, balanced the carbs as best I can but I'm not convinced as yet (Factory Pro Ti stage 1 kit and K&N filter fitted recently) so I will give it a blat and see whether some Dyno time will be required.
Gave the chain & sprockets a clean up and lubed them up, HMMMMMM lube!
Anyway here's a conundrum for you, why is it that when you are up to your elbows in grease/oil/cleaner that your mobile goes off and you have to try to extricate said item from your pocket without smearing the oil etc over clothing or phone. How do they know?

If anyone wants some Goldfen front pads for 954 calipers (think they also do 600rr) they are free to anyone who wants them. Only on the bike for about four months and probably 2000 miles.
was that my phone call???????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

No mate, another esteemed member of this fine club!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

by fine club, do you mean the blue owners club.............. :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Waked past it in the MacCave several times whilst mending a crucial piece of work equipment.

The Mk 6 'Long Range Bait Box Retrieval Tool' or stick with a hook on it for short.

Then walked past it some more getting the lawn mower out & cut the grass, first of the year...

Then I fitted an E-blag bargain £5 Blackbird side stand. Also made an new & extended 'prong ' as the one on it is far too short which will need welding on the stand & then painting.

Haven't tested said new side stand yet as its on the abba at the mo, got other things to do yet , but waiting for some bits.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:by fine club, do you mean the blue ladyboys club.............. :wink:
That's what you mean really Marty...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Went for a very good ride with amcq46 .
My new tyres are now scrubbed in I only had a few moments when the rear slipped out on me !

New problem to track down now :-(
At one if the much need fuel stops kermit wouldn't start and we had to jump start it .
So wether its the r1 reg or the battery who knows .
So when my cbr600fl oil line are delivered in the next few days I will fit the sp1 oil cooler and get the tester on the r/r and battery .
I might just put the loom on that I got a few months ago aswel .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Cracking ride out lloydie, and push staring a storm in a busy tesco petrol station is always good for a laugh....helps warm you up on a chilly day :lol:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh don't you didn't have to bump start did you Lloyd you had a problem with that once before and didn't track it down to the R/R earth or something where you painted the frame. :think:

Kev I would guarantee you will need some dyno time unless you want to whipping the carbs off and on half a dozen or so times. Especially with all the mods you have like billet stacks :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Oh don't you didn't have to bump start did you Lloyd you had a problem with that once before and didn't track it down to the R/R earth or something where you painted the frame.

it was broken wires in the loom last time .
but im thinking its either the r/r or the battery if its the r/r it will be the 3rd one in 2 years . the battery was a little warm when i got back but that might be down to its location next to rear hear and above the rear exhaust .
i have a complete electrical system so i might just swap the lot over and be done with it .
thanks again for the push al as i don't think i could of done it without you :oops:
still a great ride on a cold day lets hope i get it sorted for the 23rd ride out and its a little warmer .