As a second bike...

General Bike chat
leevtr

As a second bike...

Post by leevtr »

I don't know if I'd get bored with one of these as my only bike, but I'd love one as a second for Euro Camping trips to the Alps and so on.
If we weren't used to big torque and 100+bhp, this would probably be all anyone would ever need. Bet it'd be a right laugh in the really tight mountain hairpins.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/biker ... 2-current/
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
agentpineapple

Re: As a second bike...

Post by agentpineapple »

it doesn't do it for me, i'd have to ride one, borrowed my mates 600 hornet 2009 plate last year and had a go on another friends 2010 gsxr1000, tou really notice the improvements in motorcycle technology, handling is so much better on a modern bike, and they're so easy to ride, i think engine tech stop progressing a few years back and the real advances have come in chassis/suspension and brakes..
i still love the storm, i see it as a challenge to ride it smoothlyand get the best out of it.... :thumbup:
not sure what bike i'd have if i wanted a second bike which was touring biased....?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

i love them seen one in my local bike shop the other week they look like great fun :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I think you would have to have it's big brother with the VFR1200 engine!! :D
simo

Post by simo »

Aye, I'd have one of them , they look the part. 70 odd MPG as well .If I could afford a VFR1200 I'd have one now. Still keep the Storm though. Lol
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Second bike would and will be a track day storm (miss piggy)
Built from spare parts just to thrash on a track won't look pretty but built for the job .
I've got my one and only road bike and love it for what it is and will never replace it especially with a il4 .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

More a commuter than a tourer I think, but I am with lloydie, I think I have got the yellow one to the point now that it can tick every box, my 2nd, 3rd and 4th bikes are for off road or race.
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

I wouldn't mind one of them, I'm only getting 50 MPG at the moment :lol: well... Sometimes

It would only really be useful for if you had something like a 40+ mile commute to work though. I'd much rather get a dead £800 bike and prep it for track days
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I looked at one for a poss new job and 65 mile commute - ideal. Didn't get the job though
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I would have a VFR as a tourer as personal choice but I agree the NC would also be a good choice for touring. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I have had a TDM900 now for several years as my touring bike - 60mpg, hard luggage, far more nimble than a sports bike on narrow mountain hairpins. Upright position makes low speed sightseeing a pleasure. Fitted some Fuel cans which have really made a difference. Paid £3950 for it with hard luggage/scotoiler etc in 2006 (it's a 2004 model) and have since done 25,000 miles on it, would still get £2,500 resale. That is cheap fun - it's taken me up to John O'Groats, down to St. Tropez, The Alps, Brittany, The Pyrenees etc. Also, totally reliable :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!