2nd gear on a storm......

General Bike chat
vtrjock

2nd gear on a storm......

Post by vtrjock »

Chap at work asked me what sort of speed the bike would do flat out in 2nd (ahh..the cruelty of it all) gear. Not sure, I struggle to see the speedo through tears of laughter every time I rip open the "48s" !!
:roll:
CrazyHawk

Post by CrazyHawk »

I'm thinkin near 90mph. Cant quite convert that to Kph. 3+ large brews at the drinkin barn = low math skilz.
I try to yoink a few wheels at 70mph in 2nd...that's about 7.5-8k on the tach. So I'd go with about 85-90mph.

My brain pretty much just goes :!: :?: :!: when 2nd gear is pegged :) And I'm goin "One wheel style" Schwing!
~ Shaun
~ 98 VTR SuperHawk
~ Cop magnet since April 01
Phobia

Post by Phobia »

When your exhausts sound like this you don't tend to find out what speed it does in any gear past 4000 revs.....sounds boootiful....

http://www.elfshot.com/vtr/menu/sounds.htm

Mine are actually G-Force racing cans but sound exactly the same.

If I were to try and find out what it did in second no way would I try it in a built up area...well not again anyway!!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Who needs 4 cylinders when 2 sound this good... Image
gobbag

Post by gobbag »

Aargh! I've been looking for a site with recordings of different cans on a VTR (my ARTs are VERY loud and I feel a bit conspicuous with 9 points on my licence) but your link doesn't seem to work :( Anyone know of such a site? By the way, I reckon it'll do about 95 (130ish kph) in 2nd
What's that? Loud? Sorry, I can't hear you!