cheap exhausts?

General Bike chat
callam_nffc

cheap exhausts?

Post by callam_nffc »

have any of you used any "cheap" branded exhausts?
not really keen on the Chinese ebay crap unless one of you shows me otherwise

Ive been browsing around for some that might give me more of that v-twin rumble, I had a beowulf on my thundercat which has made me take a look at these http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp ... O161RBSS38

I also fancy going for high level cans, pros/cons? and is it just a extension for the link pipe that's needed?
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
seb421

Re: cheap exhausts?

Post by seb421 »

cheap cans are cheap sh1t nufff said

poorly put together and look pants and sound hollow, blue flame used be decent they are shite now, one of my cans developed a rattle which did my head in

beowulf look to be the same thin sheet and construction as the generic blue flames and fuel cans are

find someone wish a Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Leo Vince, Scorpion, Arrow fitted and you can tell the difference soon as you hold them / blip the throttle

just save up and buy somthing you want don't waste money on rubbish

its a different link pipe they use high levels not and extension mate, there are high levels and there is some with a sweep, most on the market just have the standard angles tho
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

seb421 wrote:cheap cans are cheap sh1t nufff said

poorly put together and look pants and sound hollow, blue flame used be decent they are shite now, one of my cans developed a rattle which did my head in

beowulf look to be the same thin sheet and construction as the generic blue flames and fuel cans are

find someone wish a Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Leo Vince, Scorpion, Arrow fitted and you can tell the difference soon as you hold them / blip the throttle

just save up and buy somthing you want don't waste money on rubbish

its a different link pipe they use high levels not and extension mate, there are high levels and there is some with a sweep, most on the market just have the standard angles tho
+1 on that. I have Leo Vince's and they are well made, sound nice, and give good power ( I think ). Cheap is not worth the hassle, you'll only end up selling them down the line and getting decent ones. I think I read somewhere Quill and ART are shite to.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

leevtr wrote: I think I read somewhere Quill and ART are shite to.
Where did you read that? Nothing wrong with Quill cans, are well built. Had a couple of sets in the past myself and know a few friends who have them fitted. They even built a custom system and gave dyno time for my mates varadero
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

I might just keep my eye out for some decent second hand ones,
a decent set is what, say 650 plus?

and there is no way I'm spending that kinda money on a relatively cheap bike
Bullyboydave

Post by Bullyboydave »

Like most things mate, buy cheap buy twice. I have Yoshi RS3's and there like music to my ears , but I know what ya mean about price, best to look for cheaper second hand decent pipes ,than cheap new. If the cans are damage free then it's only a repack and polish, and you can get new logo's cheap for that newer look mate. I bought a Scorpion for an old zx6r and that was a decent price and pretty high quality, I also had a Micron on a Gixxer and that was expensive and shite, and sounded crap real tinny were the Scorpion was deep and sweet. Regards Dude
If Carlsberg made bikes, they would be V Twins
seb421

Post by seb421 »

callam_nffc wrote:I might just keep my eye out for some decent second hand ones,
a decent set is what, say 650 plus?

and there is no way I'm spending that kinda money on a relatively cheap bike
damaged the originals so binned them,

i got some blue flames new, about £280 +, they was a bit sh1t, sold them

i got some custom made race cans second hand for 90 quid, very light weight but very strong but stupidly offensives loud, binned them

then i got the scorpion high levels, these just felt so solid like you could drop a house on them, fantastic deep rumble with them, bought them for 100 quid there about, and sold for 200 posted wanted more tho...

Now I'm on the Yoshimura R&D with matching headers, got these for 350 quid second hand, but had to travel 250 plus miles to go and get them!
glad i did as i like them but i feel a Hippo at 3am using the bike with them pounding away when i come home :shifty:

don't rush and buy the first thing you see and you will get somthing good, some one might even sell you a Moriwaki set up if you want to classic storm set up
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

dpends on what you call cheap and want to spend I suppose

I had a set of vipers on mine when I got it that are not shiny, and like seb I was working early and waking the neighbourhood up with em so put the standards back on. Never really liked the vipers, not sure why, and I wanted some decent shiny ones and waited around while Kev kept a look out for me ( :thumbup: ). Come to think about it the Vipers are somewhere in the garage if you want them cheap, I'll pm you :D
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

I regard 300ish quid as cheap for new ones, so I guess ill just take my time and scout out something second hand

to be honest I always thought the Beowulf on my thundercat sounded nice and many people commented on it being nice

ok bigveegrin, drop me a pm with a pic if you can? :)
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

callam_nffc wrote:I regard 300ish quid as cheap for new ones, so I guess ill just take my time and scout out something second hand

to be honest I always thought the Beowulf on my thundercat sounded nice and many people commented on it being nice

ok bigveegrin, drop me a pm with a pic if you can? :)
Pipewerx are £320 for black stainless and supposed to be good, was going to get some until Stu turned up. Chcek with Griff1977 - he's got them on and this is his bike on their website

callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

yeah I do quite like the pipewerx ones, my mate had them in stainless on his zzr1200, sounded nice too

id like highrise carbon ones if new but any will do at the right price second hand,

are there any heat issues carrying a pillion with high rise cans?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you can widen your search for good quality second hand cans by looking at any cans with a 52mm inlet diameter, you can buy or get made linkpipes to whatever style you want., not sure if there still there, but there was a loverly pair of yoshi rs3's on ebay a few days back. keep em peeled.... :Tongue5:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Steve6088 wrote:
Where did you read that? Nothing wrong with Quill cans, are well built. Had a couple of sets in the past myself and know a few friends who have them fitted. They even built a custom system and gave dyno time for my mates varadero
quills are very good cans i had a new one on my blade and it was very will made and better than most big brand names
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i was thinking about getting these but i spent my money on a shock instead
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leo-Vince-SBK ... 2ec6d8ff7a
change the link pipes and away you go :thumbup:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Steve6088 wrote:
Cant remember. Might have been on one of them review sites, someone opinion probably, rather than an actual test. Deffo remember reading poor reviews about ART cans though.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "