Bad back

General Bike chat
pricey

Bad back

Post by pricey »

Anyone suffer from lower back pain after riding their storm? I was out yesterday for about 110 miles (like who wasn't right?) and my bloody lower back was killing me. :cry:

I have looked at adjusting the handle bars so I don't have to bend over so much, but at 6ft I thought that was a bit extreme :?:

Maybe I'm just an old woman :lol:
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Hi Pricey.

I am also 6 foot and the wrong side of 15 stone but I dont get a bad back. I did 200 miles aroud the Peaks yesterday and just started to get sore wrists as I hit traffic on the way home. I do wear a Knox back protector which gives a lot of support and you might find something like this helps you to change your posture.

It was a glorious day wasn't it. Sooooomany bikes. Sanke Pass and the Cat & Fiddle were like the M25 at times. Lots of police on the Cat and I saw a binned YZF, but it still the best road in England. Nice to see lots of Storms out and about disturbing the peace.

If all else fails Pricey you could always go for a Varadeo. Same engine, much more comfortable, but far too quiet and expensive.
LOOPY
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

First of all I would say to folks not to get on your bike without wearing a back protector under your leathers!

Re: lower back pain. I get this from time to time and I find that doing sit ups to strengthen my abdominal mussles really does help!
pricey

Post by pricey »

Al,

I guess having a small beer child growing in my stomach is the problem...bugger, back to doing sit ups :lol:
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
pricey

Post by pricey »

:lol: nice one loopy, but I think I might just stick to my smile generator.

Great ride out yesterday, I took my girlfriend pillion for the first time, we covered 120 miles and it was shear bliss.

I was very pleasantly surprised how happy the storm was two up. By the end of the day I was riding and cornering with a speed of significant pride, for me at least :lol:

The bikes off for its first service on Sat, so I must be a good boy until then now :cry:

Ride safe guys, roll on endless summer days 8)