Blinking eck!

General Bike chat
pricey

Blinking eck!

Post by pricey »

I’ve just bought some cat's eyes indicators, a few people on the forum had recommended them. I thought I would sexy up the front a bit. I tried to fit them today and was very disappointed. :cry:

I removed the original grommet around the fairing hole and thought the cat’s eye would pull snug around the hole! Nope, bloody big gap, no matter where I positioned it. Ok I thought, put the original grommet back on. Ugly, the grommet squashed all out of shape.

I finally took the grommet away and thought I can live with a small hole right. :? I connected the bloody things and the indicator repeat rate is totally different, it was repeating way to fast.

A) What am I doing wrong? How do I reduce the repeat rate, is it because the back one is standard?
B) Anyone else got a big gap?

Still I did do a hundred miles today...glorious weather, thank you god 8)
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

D'pends on what size you bought!!

The mid-sized ones are the best. The large ones are too big and the tiny ones are too small.

Here's my olf VTR with them on -

delmeekc

which one

Post by delmeekc »

so are you the young chap in the black, or one of the old farts

Del :roll:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Yip, that's me, the fat one in the black!!! :oops:

The guy at the far right is our ex-racer pal Andy (I know everything) with his 748R.

To say that the ride back up to Aberdeen from Knock hill was rapid would be an understatement! :twisted:
pricey

Post by pricey »

I must admit, on busters page I never saw any size choice??? Was there any?

What about the difference in blink rate?

They look nice on your old bike though.
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

They have a 21watt bulb in them so no problem with the flashing rate.

These are the ones - http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/catind.htm
pricey

Post by pricey »

Al,

Yep, those are the ones that I ordered. When I connected them they blinked much faster than the standard ones, so I took them off again.

Also there was no choice of size :cry: Am I going mad or am I missing something obvious :?:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

If the ones you have are 70mm long then thwy should fit very closely over the aperture in the fairing.

They should be at least 21Watt bulbs in them. Whip one out and see it it is actually a 5 watt one.
pricey

Post by pricey »

:x Took the bulb out and noticed the black wire connector was not er connected very well. Attempted to remove it to reconnect it and it disintegrated, the fixing point snapped away from the bulb assembly :evil: . Well I suppose for four quid what should I expect. :roll:

Back to the drawing board

Anyone else fitted something different??