Benefits shake up.

General Biker Banter
Rob

Benefits shake up.

Post by Rob »

http://news.sky.com/story/1071910/benef ... s-hundreds
Out of 1.44m medical assessments carried out on claimants of incapacity benefit, 837,000 were found to be fit enough to return to work.

A further 878,300 chose to give up their benefit instead of facing a medical to prove their entitlement.
:thumbup:

Hopefully things will change and we will all be better of, including those who genuinely need support.

A work colleague had Sky installed recently and he asked the installer who had the best and biggest TV's, footballers he asked?

No, the bloke replied, those on benefits!!
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
Rob

Re: Benefits shake up.

Post by Rob »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olicy.html

A family that earn a combined income of £75,000 a year (Both work for the NHS) are relieved that they will still get the £120 a month Child Benefit.
Life without it would be a lot more difficult
FFS this country is seriously screwed up.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Rob wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1071910/benef ... s-hundreds
Out of 1.44m medical assessments carried out on claimants of incapacity benefit, 837,000 were found to be fit enough to return to work.

A further 878,300 chose to give up their benefit instead of facing a medical to prove their entitlement.
those numbers don't add up lol

Also makes me laugh how much people think people on the dole get, usually misconceptions based on evidence from the Sun etc, I signed on for about 6 weeks before getting the job I'm in now and trust me its one of the shittest times of my life
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Rob

Post by Rob »

callam_nffc wrote:
Rob wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1071910/benef ... s-hundreds

those numbers don't add up lol

Also makes me laugh how much people think people on the dole get, usually misconceptions based on evidence from the Sun etc, I signed on for about 6 weeks before getting the job I'm in now and trust me its one of the shittest times of my life
The 1.44m assessments aren't the total - just those who were assessed - hence why the two figures don't add up.

Mate, I totally agree with you hence "those who genuinely need support"

People like you who wanted to work but were temporarily in need of support struggle while the career scroungers who know how to beat the system have a great life. I've absolutely nothing against the welfare system or those that genuinely need it but there are way too many who take advantage.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
berko_lad

Post by berko_lad »

How many people have to work and pay taxes to keep one family living on benefits? Too bloody many!

So is it not about time that we actually did something to right some of the obvious wrongs in this system? I know it doesn't apply to everyone and I totally support the idea of a system which helps those who are genuinely in need. But I resent paying for someone else to watch Sky TV, drive a car and go on holiday when for many people who actually work and put into the pot, those things are often real struggles.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

In a recent survey carried out in 10 inner city London boroughs over 10,000 people were asked if Britain should change it's currency.

91% replied that they were happy to stay with the Giro...

The other 9% just nodded & said yes boss as that was the only English they spoke...allegedly.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:In a recent survey carried out in 10 inner city London boroughs over 10,000 people were asked if Britain should change it's currency.

91% replied that they were happy to stay with the Giro...

The other 9% just nodded & said yes boss as that was the only English they spoke...allegedly.
:lol:
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Yeah definitely, I know one lad who has had 4 kids by 2 women and he's the only one who works

I wouldn't like to guess how much those kids, 2 women and 2 council houses cost in tax, he's only 24, id be ashamed if that was me
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

20% of people on benefit are also in full or part time employment. its just that legislation allows them to be paid such crap wages they cant live on it. therefore 20% of benefit money is propping up your good old fashioned capitalist fat cats.

I think "benefits" figures would probably include any one who gets working family tax credit. ive been in full time employment paying my taxes since june 1976 (no wonder I feel knackered!) and I claimed it for about 3 years when my daughter fell out with her stepdad and came to live with me.

if there are any savings brought about by these changes the chances of normal working people like me and you
(im assuming/ hoping you are :thumbup: ) getting any of it are pretty slim, so don't hold your breath! it dosent work like that..

at least you can have 10 pints in the pub and you will save yourself tenpence after the generous concessions made in the recent budget :clap:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Yeah the statistics for unemployment Dont include anyone on a work scheme, even if they're still on job seekers allowance

This obviously helps the government claim they're doing better on getting people back into employment than what they really are
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

having spent a year on the higher level incompacity benefit after my accident, i recieved £91 a week. a drop in the ocean. you will agree. same as someone whose on job seekers allowance, these people aren't the problem. the problem is the number of people that claim everything, housing/child/council tax/the list is endless, by the time you add all the different benefits together it will add up to a tidy sum, then the person on benefits does a little job on the side earning 100 for how many hours work and they're quids in.... :crazy:
also i bet that couple who earn 75k a year would only put the benefits they recieve towards a nice family holiday or car repayments, these are people that don't need the money, people have become to used to hand outs and now they're being taken away it hurts......
rant over :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I think a lot of us dont understand the benefits system, and have fallen foul to the press hysteria, in the same way that people think immigrants come over here and take all the benefits, yes it does happen but its not as bad as what the assholes at the top of the chain are getting away with.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I agree with the Sky TV man. The number of times I have attended a shout or done a fire safety visit to "social/benefit" home and thought why am i working shift work and doing a second job to pay my bills and support my wife and kids when I could claim benefits, have Sky Tv, top of the range phone, lap tops and even a shiny new car sitting outside
I know there are a lot of people rightly receiving the benefits they are due, but from what I've seen over the last 25 years in the job there are just as many "Career" benefit claimers.
I'd been in the fire service for 20 years before we got out first new TV, we'd got buy with other peoples cast offs!
With year on year pay freezes and inflation my wages don't cover out out goings, therefore I've got off my butt and found a second job. Because I can be bothered I have always found work when needed. And have I done some crap jobs!
baldybiker

Post by baldybiker »

i used to work for a company who will remain nameless delivering tvs etc 80 % of the customers were on benefits and proud of the fact i was working hard delivering their new plasma tv and my taxes were paying for it i understand some people have no option but to claim benefits and feel for the genuine claimants but i met more that were just playing the system
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:I agree with the Sky TV man. The number of times I have attended a shout or done a fire safety visit to "social/benefit" home and thought why am i working shift work and doing a second job to pay my bills and support my wife and kids when I could claim benefits, have Sky Tv, top of the range phone, lap tops and even a shiny new car sitting outside
I know there are a lot of people rightly receiving the benefits they are due, but from what I've seen over the last 25 years in the job there are just as many "Career" benefit claimers.
I'd been in the fire service for 20 years before we got out first new TV, we'd got buy with other peoples cast offs!
With year on year pay freezes and inflation my wages don't cover out out goings, therefore I've got off my butt and found a second job. Because I can be bothered I have always found work when needed. And have I done some crap jobs!
There are 2 types of people though.

People with morals and a sense of self respect, such as yourself. You work hard because you dont like the idea of scrounging off others. I bet you also dont get in trouble with the police, and dont cause your neighbours problems.

Then there are those that just dont care. They dont care if someone else has to pay for their food, house, clothes, TV, car etc. They dont care if they get in trouble with the police because they have nothing to lose, they wont lose their benefits, and the police wont lock them up.

I thought to myself a while ago that I would be better off if Sarah and I gave up our jobs and went on the dole. Right now we dont have any kids because we cant really afford them, but if we gave up our jobs, and had say 10 kids, we would get so much in benefits we would probably be better off than we are now. But no, I couldn't bare the thought of living off handouts and being a drain on society.