Wheelie advice...

General Bike chat
twinbrd

Wheelie advice...

Post by twinbrd »

OK. I am now to the point where I can pull the front end up w/ ease in 1st gear by snapping the throttle at approx. 5K RPM, then I get a good rise out of it and usually panic and roll off too much, setting the front back down.

Any tips on how to keep it up for a while... ie: stay on the gas, but not so much to flip it too far back or look for the balancing point to hold it. (how hard is it to flipl over backwards?) Also, a buddy told me to try 2nd gear, but I can't ever get it up...never. Can it go up in 2nd just by giving it gas, if so, what RPM?
Stuart

Wheelie advice...

Post by Stuart »

I like a man who is prepared to pull a great wheelstand :D

I have posted a how to on this site. Al would probably be the man to track it down. I'm pretty sure that it is under the topic of "wheelie school" but I can't remember exactly.

As for the flipping it bit well it's pretty easy to do if you get too trigger happy and open the throttle too far. I am now in possession of a cheque courtesy of my insurance company. They are a great bunch. They bought a written off VTR from me. Yes i flipped it. What pisses me off is the fact that I had just clicked 4th gear. The boys were most amused when I got carted off in the meat wagon.

But all that aside I will be back on a rumbling V-twin in the not too distant future. Another thing that upset me is now I'll have to get the 2into1 system put on that as well. Oh my god what a difference that made. Hit 7000rpm and it started to pull like a four and well it also had the goods to keep up as well.

Good luck with the wheelies mate and should you need any further info on the how too's of them let me know and I'll repost the lessons.

:twisted: :twisted: :D :D
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... lie+school

There's a search facility at the top of the page!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

This is my earlier post:

:twisted: :twisted: :D :D