Newbie buying advice

General Bike chat
Bulldog

Newbie buying advice

Post by Bulldog »

Hi all,
I've been offered a 2000 VTR in orange 9k wolf cans included uk bike for £2500, what do you guys think,
I'm not over fussed on the orange, but i suppose I could liven it up a bit

PT
buzz

Post by buzz »

its as cheap as chips , buy it

FIRESTORM FIRESTORM I LOVE MI FIRESTORM

Buzz
Nik

Post by Nik »

Very newbie here.

Also been offered a Firestorm 1999 Black (no extras) £2500. Have said yes will take it, is this an ok price?

I have not been on a bike for a few years, previous bikes GSX750 ! and GPZ900Ninja. Will I notice much difference !!! :lol:

Any tips for getting through the first few weeks without stuffing it somewhere it or I shouldnt be?

cheers
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Nik wrote:Very newbie here.

Also been offered a Firestorm 1999 Black (no extras) £2500. Have said yes will take it, is this an ok price?

I have not been on a bike for a few years, previous bikes GSX750 ! and GPZ900Ninja. Will I notice much difference !!! :lol:

Any tips for getting through the first few weeks without stuffing it somewhere it or I shouldnt be?

cheers
Price looks OK to me. My advice would be to roll on that throttle a bit more gently that you've been used to on an in line 4 especially if the road is damp.

Al.
Hooner

re-NIk wrote

Post by Hooner »

Very newbie here.

I have not been on a bike for a few years, previous bikes GSX750 ! and GPZ900Ninja. Will I notice much difference !!!

cheers

Hi,

i`ve just run in a new 02 model, and boy am i having some fun.....You definatley need to be a bit easier on the right hand..i was popppin wheelies out of corners without trying... :lol:
Over all the bike is a lot lighter on the front end to most 4 cylinders.that can take some getting used to in the corners....but once mastered..you will be in for a good time.... :biggrin
Ride it like ya stole it !
Nik

Post by Nik »

Cheers for the advice so far, I forgot to mention that it has sat around for 12months without being started!. Its got 1200miles on the clock, its has had its first service. Should I get another service done straight away or can I run it for a while !

Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

cheers
Hooner

Nik

Post by Hooner »

If it was me , i would at least change the oil and filters...and maybe the plugs....just a habit i`ve always had....just puts the old mind at rest, you will know for certain then, when the last oil change etc was definately done...if you get my drift.... :!:
But if you can prove or have proof of the last service...go with the mileage / time service planner posted on this site...

regards
Hooner
Ride it like ya stole it !
vtr-bad-boy

Post by vtr-bad-boy »

i just bought a 97 in red 3 weeks ago and it is totaly different to my zx9r. i miss the top end rush, but boy does she fly down where it matters...doing 50mph in 4th, go for an overtake, look down and your doing 110mph.....LOVE IT!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
stay low, move fast, trust no-one!!!