what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: what have you done to your

Post by benny hedges »

lloydie wrote:Fooking Hal benny how many you got now ?
too fkin many.

ano seb. but cmon ffs, 56 in a 50. if it was my intention to speed id have been doing 150
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

You will have to take it easy for a while :-(
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Needed to take bike for an mot, but as soon as I got it out for a quick once over...... Guess what, the right hand side the front tyre was onthe wear markers :( That 350 wet/dry miles through Wales had killed it, I was sure it had lots more life in it last time I looked!

So off to tyre shop and got a mich PR3 fitted to match the rear (I had a Pilot power on the front before) but now it is too late to get it MOTd as the shop shuts at 1pm :(

So took the bike out to scrub the tyre and have a play and now I notice there is a steering weave at 3 figure speeds that wasn't there with the old tyre. It is very mild, but obvious and it is slowly waggling the bars and I have only made 2 changes.
1) I fitted the pR3 front tyre
2) I have taken the insulated liner out of my jacket so there might be more flap in the leather on my arms working back through the wide Renthal bars....but I don't think that is it!

So the question for any one who has. Michelin Pilot Road3 front fitted is ... Have you noticed a speed weave or any tendency?
AMcQ
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I have PR3's on my fazer and they are the best tyres I have ever had fitted bar none. They were spot on right from the first few miles (which happened to be in the wet, up a dual carriageway that had a 4' diesel slick down the middle). Can't feel manhole covers or white lines in the wet either.

Is it possible they need a different pressure slightly to work together on the VTR? Might be worth trying up or down a psi at a time?

Saying that,it HAS been very blowy lately, I commute on the motorway everyday and I have found myself worrying about a shake a few times then realised my elbows were being blown all over the place! :eek2
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Could it be something to do with the balancing. Did the tyre shop re-balance the wheel. The only time I have had any weaving is when my tapered bearing was not tightened properly, too tight. Though the slightest body movement now tends to steer a bit and the bike fall better into corners now. But considering I have gone from mismatched slicks with a fooked head bearing/wheel bearing with extensively stiff steering. It should feel different. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Could it be something to do with the balancing. Did the tyre shop re-balance the wheel. The only time I have had any weaving is when my tapered bearing was not tightened properly, too tight. Though the slightest body movement now tends to steer a bit and the bike fall better into corners now. But considering I have gone from mismatched slicks with a fooked head bearing/wheel bearing with extensively stiff steering. It should feel different. :lol:

your steering was terrible, it was like treacle....... :lol:
when are you showing everyone your new bling then carlos......... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Going to be putting the top coat on today. :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl,
I know it's not the steering head bearings and the tyre is balanced and has no vibration, but was planning to test the tyre pressure now it has cooled down.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

just about to go out and clean the bike, i'm not sure whats worse tho, having a broken bike, or having a fixed bike that you can't ride because it has got an mot/tax/insurance and the suns shining on a beautiful sunday, if you aren't on your bikes today then your bloody mad!!!!!!!!!!
roll on tomorrow when i can get my bike legal..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Played with carbon fibre.....

- made a bracket to relocate the remote preload adjuster for the shock, adjuster is now located up high in between the subframe spars (where the reservoir sits on stock rear brake MC)
- replaced the (steel) mirror block-offs with a set of carbon units...

am waiting on a new fork tube bracket to re-mount my Ohlins steering damper, as well as a shiny blue anodized rear brake MC reservoir extension.... will post pics when it's all done.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

put the mirrors on and gave it a clean, ready for its mot....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You might want to remove the light cover before the mot !
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

what light cover..............oh that light cover....... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went for a blast in the sun.
I can report that the cans do indeed sound rather good! :thumbup:

Apparently they are not loud enough for some dozy bint to hear over the i-phone clamped to her ear whilst negotiating a roundabout, who I had to avoid . Saw she was a chattin so gave her room...She probably couldn't hear me swearing either...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

bigspanishmarty wrote:put the mirrors on and gave it a clean, ready for its mot....
BIke looks great!

Nice job :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express