carbon cans

General Bike chat
slimreaper

carbon cans

Post by slimreaper »

Just brought a 2000 firestorm, and I love it! Took it out yesterday for my first proper ride since I collected it. Knee down on first attempt. So all those bike mags who slate the handling as being too soft etc. are telling porkies.
Anyways, there is something distinctly lacking from the rear end. NOISE!!
Standard cans you see. I've been offered a pair of carbon fibre Microns cheap. They look like new, but I've been told by one chap at a bikeshop that big V-twins shake carbon fibre cans to bits.
Has anyone else heard this.
Also can I get connector pipes from micron to make them Hi-level?
I've just looked out of my window and it's sunny again.
HURRAH!
Might have to bo out for another ride while the goings good......
rehab is for quitters
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

I had a set of Micron carbon cans on my storm, they were second hand when I brought them and I had them for 2 years and 20000 miles with no probs at all. I then sold them on to another storm rider and I would guess that theyre still going strong. Go for it you know it makes sense
slimreaper

Post by slimreaper »

Sounds good to me.
Looks like it's a done deal then.
:D Cheers
rehab is for quitters
delmeekc

Titanium Cans

Post by delmeekc »

I have a pair of low level titanium renegade cans for sale with all hard ware to mount then. Neil (996) has a photo and now I've outed the VTR they need to go. Check out the new price too. They are up for £300 but this could be negotiated. Email us delmeekc@ntlworld.com

Del.
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I have a spare set of low level micron carbon cans & they are quite loud, but they are fully rebuildable & i have had no probs with plod etc,when ever i have run with them on