Middle lane drivers

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

Re: Middle lane drivers

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well this might be a silly question but hey what do you expect by now.....lol

So you guys are not allowed to pass on the left? If so yeah I could see how these drive would cause a real problem.

Over here it is more of a free for all and passing is allowed on either side so these types of drivers are much less of an issue.

Even so we do have an "Impeding the flow of traffic" law where if you are holding up a group of vehicles or causing a safety issue you can get cited.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

StormingHonda wrote:
I thought someone doing 70mph would be overtaking as thats the speed limit, so I doubt he/she would be holding anyone up, its the tits sitting at 40-50mph that boil my piss, they should be sitting in the left lane.
I'm sorry but what world do you live in? Some idyllic little cloud where no one speeds and money grows on trees no doubt?
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Lane 1 = driving lane
Lane 2 = over taking lane
Lane 3 = over taking lane
And if there is one Lane 4 = over taking lane

It's all in that funny little book that loads of road users have not seen since they was 17 THE HIGHWAY CODE 8O
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

wombles it, throw the book away and lets all just drive/ride whatever way we want. :roll: Err :think: Hold on, we do that anyway. :lol: :lol:

Calling it an overtaking lane in itself is confusing. One can be overtaking for 10 miles or for however long they wish to, if there is traffic. Shall we all just be in single file in the one lane WTF.

Actually there is one simple solution to all this, instead of having silly mr meener penalty's like 3 points and £60 fine or £100 as they are increasing it too, even a £1000 like benny said. People don't care they will just continue like people still talk away on phones while driving. If it was be I would juts take their license away for a year. That will hurt a lot more not having the transport, and when/if they get the license back, their insurance will be more.

When I was 18 I got done for drink driving (DR10), the years ban was a pain in the butt, but I just drove illegally from time to time, two fingers to the law, as I could back then. The real bit that screwed me and hurt the most was having it on the insurance for 10 fooking years.

It's either that or we just shoot them. Basically it all comes down to overcrowding anyway. Or just let them crash and cut down on the numbers that way. A mad max world, everyone out for themselves and screw the rest.

On reflection, I think this whole new thing in the news is not a road safety thing but is just another form of revenue. I bet every time a police car pulls someone over it causes more crashes from the people that slow down to have a good look. Anyway there are so little plod on the roads these day's I can't see it ever being enforced. Unless the cameras will pick it up and you just get the ticket in the post like speed cameras. Revenue everywhere we go, it's all political bollox and money grabbing..

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

can we start on lane discipline in roundabouts next?

that is up there with middle lane hogging on the crap driving skills list
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Miztaziggy wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
I thought someone doing 70mph would be overtaking as thats the speed limit, so I doubt he/she would be holding anyone up, its the tits sitting at 40-50mph that boil my piss, they should be sitting in the left lane.
I'm sorry but what world do you live in? Some idyllic little cloud where no one speeds and money grows on trees no doubt?
Do you actually read what you type?, you come across as a bit of an idiot to be honest.

If traffic is in the left hand lane, and vehicles are passing faster than the traffic in a left hand lane, then they are deemed to be overtaking, and must move into the left lane when it is free to do so, it doesnt mean they have to pull into the next available slot if they are going to carry on ovetaking, thats a fact my friend.

Now if a car is moving at the same pace or slower than the left hand traffic then it becomes ' Lane hoggin ' or if the left hand lane is clear and they are sitting in the middle lane which is the people they want to catch.

Stopping people from entering or leaving a junction is childish, dangerous and criminal, it makes you no better than a lane hogger, people have died and I know of a biker who has died because of people like yourself.
Last edited by StormingHonda on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:can we start on lane discipline in roundabouts next?

that is up there with middle lane hogging on the crap driving skills list
Coming soon to a thread near you...

How to ride your motorcycle effectively
The countries absolute first motorcycle training school based exclusively online..

Using CUTTING EDGE technology, such as:

PHP, ASCII and Copy/Paste

^ What this is turning into :lol: We should create a new board or whatever to give scenario's that have happened to each of us in riding, and everyone can post how they'd react and what they'd do differently and then explain their reasoning if this is a route that we're genuinely going to go down. I personally think that would be pretty cool :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Or just sit back and smoke a fat one :-)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i had one of those the other day, i was giving mac a lift from hospital, we came upto a major roundabout, 3 lanes on entrance, i was in the middle lane as we needed to go straight across. 2nd exit, a silver car comes up my inside, i'm aware its there, as i indiacte to exit the roundabout, he backs off allowing me to exit, then he carrys on past that exit to take the next one.... :roll:
i've seen it hundreds of times, its just bad road awareness and at times lazy driving. with the amount of road signs we have in the uk, unless your not concentrating or your travelling to fast for the situation, there really isn't an excuse for that type of driving, driving standards have been declining steadily for years now. the east end of london is shocking, i put it down to cultural differences.... :wink:
but london as a whole is pretty bad. having said that, its better than alot of other major cities around the world.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I drive UWE buses in Bristol. The amount of people who are not being nasty, but just obviously have no UK license is shocking. They are not driving fast or aggressively, just with complete ignorance/indifference of others and the law.

I have flashed taxis to pull out of a side road, with my handbrake on, and they have pulled out and almost driven straight into the bus, they have had to reverse to get round the bus. I have also had the bus reversed into by a taxi trying to move because he was blocking the road. you just sit and watch in disbelief.

And yes, I DO let bikes pull out and cut in front! ;)

I now tend to let people out who are obviously British, but not people who look like they landed on the last boat, purely out of self defence!
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Hey guys ... Just a fact here .. with levels of Immigration both official and
unnoficial at an all time high into the UK... do not assume that the driver of the cager or
vehicle in the wrong lane near you ... is being driven a person who ought to know better and has passed
a UK driving test and undergone all the UK instruction and training ...some are NOT and are dangerous
Persons are being allowed into the UK ... or not allowed.... whose driving capabilities
and standards fail woefully short or ours they drive on thier own countries driving licence ( if they
have one ) and they dont give a monkeys about you or anyone else... get these idiots off the road ... blame the political system in this country for allowing it... :thumbup:
Drive around inner city area.... frightening.. see what I mean ..
Alb
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Saintsman27 wrote:Hey guys ... Just a fact here .. with levels of Immigration both official and
unnoficial at an all time high into the UK... do not assume that the driver of the cager or
vehicle in the wrong lane near you ... is being driven a person who ought to know better and has passed
a UK driving test and undergone all the UK instruction and training ...some are NOT and are dangerous
Persons are being allowed into the UK ... or not allowed.... whose driving capabilities
and standards fail woefully short or ours they drive on thier own countries driving licence ( if they
have one ) and they dont give a monkeys about you or anyone else... get these idiots off the road ... blame the political system in this country for allowing it... :thumbup:
Drive around inner city area.... frightening.. see what I mean ..
Alb
That's exactly what I was referring to. I am not racist and have quite liberal views on people entering here LEGALLY, but as I said above, I drive city centre all day and see countless people who very definitely drive to an African standard. Scarily bad. Also frequently see about 6 kids on the back seat, and mum holding baby on her lap in front passenger seat.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

you need to try Paris or Rome for real city driving!!!!!!!! if you slow down you are trapped
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

you need to try Paris or Rome for real city driving!!!!!!!! if you slow down you are trapped
It's easy to forget we have some of the best roads as in safety in the world. Maybe we need a gentle reminder with some more Russian vids.

[youtube][/youtube]

==============================Enter the Darkside
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

cybercarl wrote:
It's easy to forget we have some of the best roads as in safety in the world. Maybe we need a gentle reminder with some more Russian vids.

[youtube][/youtube]

That's the point. We have good safe roads, and we don't want people coming from other countries that have incredibly low standards and bringing death and destruction.