any good race rep or race painted storms ???

General Biker Banter
motostorm

any good race rep or race painted storms ???

Post by motostorm »

hey all , any good pics i might have missed of firestorm racebikes trackbikes or race replica paint i might have missed ???

would love to see any pics of decent race style paintjobs on firestorms ??

or were there any funky 1 of racebikes with nice paint ? im sure some of you have piccys :biggrin

was thinkin of tracking my storm and givin her paint to match :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but am struggling to find inspiration :?
its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
thumperslaw

Re: any good race rep or race painted storms ???

Post by thumperslaw »

Why paint when you can do this

98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I still like this one -

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... da#p166214
as do i kev, i couldn't find a picture of it in my photobucket account.... :(
this ones on ebay at the mo....Image
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There's only one true race rep for the Firestorm and that is the Mori colours. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

thanks for replies ,

after posting ive been thinking ,

now i should say , ive just seen a nice srad 750 for sale and have offered my bike for swap , (ive a 750 srad track bike and im lovin it and i would fancy one for the road ) but im thinkin honda legends colours 8)

i just cant see a firestorm paint job that appeals to me :confused

but if i keep it i will do a thread on the paintjob :thumbup: , open to suggestions ,

i like sp paintjobs , but couldent stomach people looking at my bike sayin ''he just wants a sp'' so thats a no go

if id have wanted an sp i would have got an sp ,,,,, i always go for the underdog :lol: :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have what you like mate, wombles everyone else. I can't believe you really think that way given the individual nature of your bikes,
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

Kev L wrote:Have what you like mate, wombles everyone else. I can't believe you really think that way given the individual nature of your bikes,
cheers mate , not usually for coping paint jobs , i like being creative and usually just make it up as i go along and am happy with results tbh , i was just looking for ideas if i convert my storm as track only and put a fairing on,

ill probably just follow my gut as usual , as i said i like some sp jobs , but i cant be having that :lol: just when i was considering it i said id just have a look whats out there and thought it might make an interesting thread aswell

i dont think the castrol job is great , repsol dont look right on the storm either , and well hm plant sucks ass , (at the end of the day a plant company aint that into graphic design and to take there sticker and make a paint job well... em.... no , cant belive people leave standard to go with this on blades etc 8O

hard to make a storm look modern
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

heres a k1 600 i done recently

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i think i prefer the standard gsxr600 paint job.
for the storm, i'd like to see the honda legends paint scheme, you would need full lowers imho.
i like the hydrex, i really like the castrol. as for putting a non honda race/rep paint on a honda, i think it looks strange. the rothmans is the only exception, older paint scheme, but looks ok.
if i'm honest, i don't think the storm really lends itself to race/rep colours. and i agree the hm plant livery is pants.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i think i prefer the standard gsxr600 paint job.
for the storm, i'd like to see the honda legends paint scheme, you would need full lowers imho.
i like the hydrex, i really like the castrol. as for putting a non honda race/rep paint on a honda, i think it looks strange. the rothmans is the only exception, older paint scheme, but looks ok.
if i'm honest, i don't think the storm really lends itself to race/rep colours. and i agree the hm plant livery is pants.... :thumbdown:
well the gixxer in the pic was in total sh1t when it arrived , damaged all over and in various rattlecan blacks , so im happy enough with it , but i think your right the storm doesent really lend itself to race style paint , im happy with the joey rep i did in my avatar but was just considering what to do with a faired one ,, i might just do a legends theme and try to break the shape into something that will fit the storm
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

motostorm wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:i think i prefer the standard gsxr600 paint job.
well the gixxer in the pic was in total sh1t when it arrived , damaged all over and in various rattlecan blacks , so im happy enough with it , but i think your right the storm doesent really lend itself to race style paint , im happy with the joey rep i did in my avatar but was just considering what to do with a faired one ,, i might just do a legends theme and try to break the shape into something that will fit the storm
i look forward to seeing what you create, i liked the yellow joey paint scheme.... :thumbup:
what does surprise me is whenever i watch motogp and you see the repsol hondas from the front, i think the shape is similar to the storm, i think its to do with the shape of the headlight, and the repsol livery at the front of the gp bike..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!