CARBON FIBRE

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
shinn281

Re: CARBON FIBRE

Post by shinn281 »

sirch345 wrote:WOW impressive work, well done :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Thank you Chris
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

watch some youtube vids before you attempt the fuel tank fella

also resend me your address via a pm and i'll send you the other p-clip.... :oops:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I think it looks a treat :thumbup: good practice for the large bits.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Here's the latest set of pictures, only thing left to do is the tank!! :thumbup:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Seeing how easy you have made it look I'm tempted to have a go at this stuff myself. Is it the 3M wrap your using.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

is that a sneaky join line at the back of the seat unit?
goodluck with the tank, lets us know how the wrap performs over time. i've heard it can get brittle, on the plus side it will keep your paintwork in tip top condition...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think it's time to carbon wrap the pineapple. :lol:

Last edited by VTRDark on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

cybercarl wrote:Seeing how easy you have made it look I'm tempted to have a go at this stuff myself. Is it the 3M wrap your using.

It's a 4d vinyl that I bought from a company in Newark, works pretty well but is definitely not easy, it's a bloody pain the butt :x
agentpineapple wrote:is that a sneaky join line at the back of the seat unit?
goodluck with the tank, lets us know how the wrap performs over time. i've heard it can get brittle, on the plus side it will keep your paintwork in tip top condition...... :thumbup:
Yes it is a sneaky join line! It should hopefully be hidden when my new sticker set turns up :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I think it's time to carbon wrap the pineapple. :lol:

nah!!!!
i know how hard it is, shins done a decent job, and i bet he's alot better at it now than when he started. i'd like to do it but i know i'm not good enough. done properly its a very good look. done badly and it looks terrible..... :thumbdown:
it might be an option for you carl, your good with yours hands and the colours avaliable are many and varied. you deffo need the right tools tho, and a heat gun/hair dryer is a must, also buying the best quality vinyl is the way to go, theres so much cheap stuff out there, which if your doing small shapeless parts is ok, but i reckon when shin does the fuel tank, i'll hear the swearing from good old london town. once again goodluck buddy. you can be proud of what you've done so far... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

agentpineapple wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I think it's time to carbon wrap the pineapple. :lol:

nah!!!!
i know how hard it is, shins done a decent job, and i bet he's alot better at it now than when he started. i'd like to do it but i know i'm not good enough. done properly its a very good look. done badly and it looks terrible..... :thumbdown:
it might be an option for you carl, your good with yours hands and the colours avaliable are many and varied. you deffo need the right tools tho, and a heat gun/hair dryer is a must, also buying the best quality vinyl is the way to go, theres so much cheap stuff out there, which if your doing small shapeless parts is ok, but i reckon when shin does the fuel tank, i'll hear the swearing from good old london town. once again goodluck buddy. you can be proud of what you've done so far... :thumbup:

Agentpineapple is correct, it is a right old pain but you just have to be patient and happy to keep removing and putting back the same piece over and over and over again until you get it right! :x

I reckon you will definitely hear me swearing across the country. I've ordered all red sticker sets for it and just ordered a new red tank spine! Should be a nice contrast once it's all finished. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

when you do the tank, unbolt and remove the filler cap, that way you'll get a nice clean finish when you replace the filler cap.... :thumbup:
the two bolt holes at the front will be tricky, not sure if its worth leaving them as they are, maybe spray them with black paint to hide them.
the red decals and tank pad will deffo provide a good contrast to the carbon.... :thumbup:
i reckon painting the wheels red would look cool aswell....... :wink:
to finish it off would be to get yor seat retrimmed like this....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm impressed well done . Good look with the tank
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Here's some daylight pictures. Went for a ride this morning and the heat from the engine has created some small issues that I will have to get around using some well placed aftermarket stickers but all in all it still looks good!

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Looks good - a chrome/polished alloy effect vinyl tank would go nicely!
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
shinn281

Post by shinn281 »

Wicky wrote:Looks good - a chrome/polished alloy effect vinyl tank would go nicely!

That's an interesting idea wicky but I havn't got the skills for that as I would imagine that stuff would show up every little imperfection like it was lit by a spotlight. :eek2

Managed to sort the little issues out and it still looks pretty good, as long as nobody starts inspecting it to closely before the stickers go on! :thumbup: