Calling 8541Hawk

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: Calling 8541Hawk

Post by VTRDark »

He hasn't left, he's a lurcker. :biggrin anyway he's chose the right place know as we are a lot more active. :Dancing:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

I have 3 or 4 questions for you Hawk. Can you PM me on this forum, so we can keep communications in one place?

Thanks!
James
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

thedeatons you will have to build your post count up before you can use the private message facility. http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... t=messages

8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

thumperslaw wrote:Why did you leave hawk?
If you don't mind me asking
I'll shoot you a PM as I don't want to bring a bunch of BS to this board. If anyone else wants to know, the same thing, shoot me a PM and I'll let you know.

I find it a riot that now mods from the other board are now showing up....... and it's also pretty funny how now it's a "Oh you posted in the wrong section and it was moved and locked"....really I seem to remember being told I was being a drama queen and the thread was of no use, so you locked it.

Though most folks PM'd me with there info so it's all good.

Once again, sorry guys...... :beer:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

8541Hawk wrote:
I find it a riot that now mods from the other board are now showing up.......
Funny, both of them seem to have reg'd on here before you? :clap:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:Beer Popcorn: :Beer Popcorn: :Beer Popcorn:
Eww! How I do like a good gossip :D
Has any one heard anything about Dirty Girty from Number 30 yet? I'm sure something was going on with that postman!
A very special delivery, if you get my meaning :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It weren't the postie it were Ernie the milkie! He filled her pasteurized!! Spoken in a local dialect to assist!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Any one for cake? :biggrin :biggrin
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

Just replace the 'You' in fig. 1 with 'Me' :lol: No idea what Pete-onwards are on about
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Now I'm confused! 8O
I've looked all over figure 1 and I can't find a "You" anywhere. It's just covered with numbers :wtf:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

he meant "ewe".... normal spelling mistake :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Hawk just ignore all the goofballs mate,

That site has been redundant for quite some time all the users seem to rub each other up and rubbish other users that aren't in the clique
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
seb421

Post by seb421 »

MGoBlue wrote: Funny, both of them seem to have reg'd on here before you? :clap:
Don't come throwing stones here please.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That site has been redundant for quite some time all the users seem to rub each other up and rubbish other users that aren't in the clique
A bit clicky I think is the term. :roll:

The thing is all forums are different in the way they are run and the type of content that is posted. Some are pretty much left to their own devices and some are, for want of a better word, policed rather heavily. IMO forums that are not heavily policed or controlled and left to their own devices work the best and things only need to be intervened if things go too far or are abusive and negative for the forum. But it's important to allow some heated debates and a few disagreements, as this can be healthy and is freedom of speech and keeps the users happy. If a forum is too heavily policed then it will frighten users away and the forum will eventually die off which defeats the object of a forum in the first place.

Forums are like a kind of micro community and if one does not fit in or does not like the community then take a back seat or look elsewhere for something that fits ones expectations.

thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

cybercarl wrote:
A bit clicky I think is the term. :roll:

The thing is all forums are different in the way they are run and the type of content that is posted. Some are pretty much left to their own devices and some are, for want of a better word, policed rather heavily. IMO forums that are not heavily policed or controlled and left to their own devices work the best and things only need to be intervened if things go too far or are abusive and negative for the forum. But it's important to allow some heated debates and a few disagreements, as this can be healthy and is freedom of speech and keeps the users happy. If a forum is too heavily policed then it will frighten users away and the forum will eventually die off which defeats the object of a forum in the first place.

Forums are like a kind of micro community and if one does not fit in or does not like the community then take a back seat or look elsewhere for something that fits ones expectations.

Ever joined overclockers forum Pc nerd stuff...

They police that thing 24-7 And you can't step out of line once before some one comes down on your head! :Banned:
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5