harris rear-sets anyone? and lots of other bits

Moderator: VTRDark

benny hedges

harris rear-sets anyone? and lots of other bits

Post by benny hedges »

i have come to the realisation that whatever i do to my storm, which has now been in bits for over a year..... whatever i do with it will be expensive - ie it needs a complete front end transplant, the frame etc still needs powder coating.... the internals of the engine need transplanting into the new donor etc and frankly i cbfa lol.

so with that in mind, i have decided it woud be much less hassle to buy a complete tidy storm as a second bike and leave it more or less standard...

so - some more bits up for grabs.

starting with a tidy pair of black harris rear-sets.
not letting them go for less than a 1er, which imo is a bargain. plus postage of course, which will be about £8 to anywhere in the uk. (SOLD)

i will leave them as-is with the slave cyl attached - the way i ran the brake switch is simple.... they use the standard switch attached to a bracket (supplied) and the spring goes through a small drilling in the lever.
(works very well and passed 2 mot's)

black tint fabbri db screen - very light marks from usage - no cracks or awt. without a doubt the best looking db for the storm, and adds a hefty whack of top end due to being almost a triple bubble!
these are £80+ new so a bargain at £30 - would prefer collection due to it being fragile!
yes i know you can get a cheapo chinese one brand new for £30 but trust me, theyre shite compared to this!

pair of Laser DualSound cans & oversize link pipes
these are nice and loud - and of all the different cans ive used on the storm, these gave the best performance.
these are not the usual crap!
couple of minor dings but nothing that will detract from the appearance.
£60 collected (cbfa posting them)
low priced as they are not new an would benefit from a repack, but dont need it.

*pretty sure there's a set of ordinary link pipes in there as well - i'll have a look in a bit.

+4* advancer. i did pass this onto a guy with a view to copying it but got pissed about so much i just took it back. £30 posted (SOLD)

i'd pass on my lightened flywheel but i sent out my removal tool to someone (cant remember who) and didnt get it back. :/

i will be hanging onto the frame & v5 for now as ive decided to keep the reg for my new one... but if anyone needs other stuff, let me know.

also, good set of wheels - rear is bare rim, front has a decent power one, but can be removed.
both complete with good discs.

race / track bodykit incl single seat needs prep & painting but is in decent condition, as in no major scuffs & damage. cost me £40 and has just been sat in the loft for a year....

pyramid belly with fitting brackets - in white atm so will need prep and painting.
these are over 200 new so £50 +post or collect. (PROVISIONALLY SOLD)

i have 2 engines but will build one up as a good un and sell it complete - not breaking it for casings / heads.
if someone needs a complete good motor, let me know. (not giving it away tho lol)

the uber billet camshafts - ive already offered these to tony, but if he doesnt respond theyre up for dibs.
again, they wont be a gift as theyre extremely rare and very very good!

*note - the cams need to be run with short stacks for best results - i have a few spare airboxes with stacks.

quick action throttle. as in VERY quick action lol - this is more extreme than the hrc throttle, which tbh i was a little disappointed with.
i'll send this out complete with r/h switchgear and cables so it's simply to fit. £40+p
if someone wants just the tube let me know, but as it's a modded hrc body it would be better going as a complete assy.

other side (l/h) switchgear is in good nick and works fine though the flash button has a graze on it

complete dash not sure exactly what mileage, its about 26iirc - all working. £60+p bargin!
and another separate speedo (just the speedo) with low miles but cant remember exactly what's on it - again about 20k. £20+p

yes i have the speedo sensor etc and all the other bits no bobs.

cb master cylinders (matching) - these are flat (not ugly round efforts, and look very nice on the bike - also allow you to run higher bars / risers, without having to cut the fairing!!! the brake is a 19mm piston and adds serious bite to the brakes - i noticed an immediate improvement with these.
the standard levers will still fit. £50+p the pair. (SOLD)

if anyone can think of awt ive missed, let me know!
this is not a sad day btw - it's simply making room in the garage for another bike :) and when i get the new one i will be more or less keeping it unmodded, apart from manuals & r/r.
dont see the point in trying to pimp the performance cos theres no way it will ever match the speed power and handling of the blade... it'll be just used as a workhorse so i dont run stupid mileage on the blade - ive put 2k on it already and ive only had the fker a month! :o
Last edited by benny hedges on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
thumperslaw

Re: harris rearsets anyone? and lots of other bits

Post by thumperslaw »

+4* advancer. i did pass this onto a guy with a view to copying it but got pissed about so much i just took it back. £30 posted

I'll take that please
Also the can i have second dips on the cams if tony dont want them :biggrin
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

thumperslaw wrote:+4* advancer.

I'll take that please
Also the can i have second dips on the cams if tony dont want them :biggrin
deal. pm for paypal info and swap addys etc - missed the post today but it'll go out as soon as i am remunerated lol :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

p.m sent
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ok dibs on the cams :-)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Those rear sets sound rather tempting :think: if they don't sell.

2nd dibs on rearsets.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Ckennedy wrote:Those rear sets sound rather tempting :think: if they don't sell.

2nd dibs on rearsets.
theyve just this minute gone mate! :wave:
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

lloydie wrote:Ok dibs on the cams :-)
Bugger off i got there first (well after tony) :biggrin
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
lloydie

harris rearsets anyone? and lots of other bits

Post by lloydie »

thumperslaw wrote:
I know :-) but you may not want them when he gives you the price :-)
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

lloydie wrote:
thumperslaw wrote:
I know :-) but you may not want them when he gives you the price :-)
This is true, how ever the seeds have been laid :)
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

blimey the vultures have circled quickly today............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

agentpineapple wrote:blimey the vultures have circled quickly today............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
well the vultures here - and on fb, have collectively allowed me to purchase a pcv and qs for the blade, with a bit left over for some dyno time :thumbup:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

benny whats the inlet diam of the laser cans? :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
YETI

Post by YETI »

Yes please to the race / trackday bodywork . :thumbup:
dunno how im gonna get it collected but I`ll work that
one out somehow .
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Id be interested in the cans and screen if you still got them I could grab them later. pm sent