New here and glad to find you!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bikernut43

Re: New here and glad to find you!

Post by bikernut43 »

That can motivate many wondrous things indeed![/quote]

she's always going on that i should try and be more spontaneous..... Well f'in surprise!
:D
in my defense it cost £400 so even if the engine is goosed i shouldnt be too much in trouble!
ImageImage
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

bikernut43 wrote:
Tweety wrote:That can motivate many wondrous things indeed!
she's always going on that i should try and be more spontaneous..... Well f'in surprise!
:D
in my defense it cost £400 so even if the engine is goosed i shouldnt be too much in trouble!
Well... Apparently, I'm only supposed to do what she tells me, when she wants me too... Not the other times... How to tell which, I haven't yet gotten an explanation for... Wouldn't really be surprised if the same reasoning applies to your spouse for some reason...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
bikernut43

Post by bikernut43 »

cybercarl wrote:Welcome :beer: :beer:

The first thing you will want to do is strip all the bodywork off and then investigate the reason for it not starting. Charge the battery, check for sparks at the plugs, check it''s getting fuel etc etc.

You will want to download a workshop manual from the following.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9413

(:-})

It looks like the guy who had it suspected ccts and had a bash at stripping it, ive gone as far as being able to see both cam chains but only a quick glance, may just put it into a garage for them to check it over as i tend to rush things or screw them up.... Would rather pay and have it done right
ImageImage
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
darkember

Post by darkember »

bikernut43 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Welcome :beer: :beer:

The first thing you will want to do is strip all the bodywork off and then investigate the reason for it not starting. Charge the battery, check for sparks at the plugs, check it''s getting fuel etc etc.

You will want to download a workshop manual from the following.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9413

It looks like the guy who had it suspected ccts and had a bash at stripping it, ive gone as far as being able to see both cam chains but only a quick glance, may just put it into a garage for them to check it over as i tend to rush things or screw them up.... Would rather pay and have it done right
Be careful, many so called bike mechanics don't understand the intricacies of the Storm. They then get the haynes manual out & next you timing is out by 180 degrees.
Better getting one of us on here to help.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome to the club mate. the bike dosent owe you a lot at 400 quid so its worth spending a couple of quid getting it running

good luck . :thumbup: :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

t looks like the guy who had it suspected ccts and had a bash at stripping it, ive gone as far as being able to see both cam chains but only a quick glance
Have a read through the MCCT Guide in my signature. You may suprise yourself as to how easy it is. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
BigJ1111

Post by BigJ1111 »

hello there
V-Twin Virgin and loving it!!

97 VTR 1000 Firestorm
97 Bandit 600 Fighter. 92 FZR 1000 RU EXUP
94 RF 600R. 2010 Kindoad Cyclone 125
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy, and thanks :thumbup:
Teach72

Post by Teach72 »

Great choice. I'm reay starting to enjoy my storm! Very friendly bunch with 1 day of being on here I had loads of offers of help.p
Love the fact the Mrs doesn't know..... Mine is my mates garage so I do t get in too much trouble.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This must be where I'm going wrong. See I wouldn't hide things. I would just tell them straight "look what I bought" and if they don't like then it's then it's tough. Any woman would have to accept the fact that I'm a biker. Preferably the woman should be a biker too. That saves any problems. :)

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Us bikers are a selfish bunch my mrs knows the bike is the first thing I'd get out the house in a fire (mrs can make her own way out )
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:This must be where I'm going wrong. See I wouldn't hide things. I would just tell them straight "look what I bought" and if they don't like then it's then it's tough. Any woman would have to accept the fact that I'm a biker. Preferably the woman should be a biker too. That saves any problems. :)

thats why you ain't got a woman mate............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Exactly :) and better off for it as well. :thumbup: There's plenty of services about if I need to sort my manhood out. :lol:

Teach72

Post by Teach72 »

cybercarl wrote:This must be where I'm going wrong. See I wouldn't hide things. I would just tell them straight "look what I bought" and if they don't like then it's then it's tough. Any woman would have to accept the fact that I'm a biker. Preferably the woman should be a biker too. That saves any problems. :)

Mine doesn't really understand she just says "its a bike and its yellow!" "I thought you had new one, looks the same" (last one was as cbr600) both had 2 wheels I suppose!

I once bought a new tv and swapped it with our old one. Both black and same make she never even realised I till I told her.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Teach72 wrote:

Mine doesn't really understand she just says "its a bike and its yellow!" "I thought you had new one, looks the same" (last one was as cbr600) both had 2 wheels I suppose!

I once bought a new tv and swapped it with our old one. Both black and same make she never even realised I till I told her.
:lol: I had the same when I purchased the VTR.
"Oh you've got a new bike, let's see what it's like then"..."Oh it looks exactly like the other one"..

Please explain to me how a Yellow Honda Hornet and a Matte Black Firestorm look, in any way, similar to each other.. 7 months on and I still don't understand
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement