greedy seller

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

greedy seller

Post by agentpineapple »

I hate to see this, for very sad reasons banksy sold his bike just over a month ago, only for the new owner to be selling it for a possible £700.... :eek2
banksy's sadly selling his bike thread
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=30015
the new owner making money off the back of banksy..... :thumbdown:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-FIR ... 0994086497
I know the seller has every right to do this because banksy agreed to sell the bike so cheaply, its just a shame to see a bike bought ans sold purely for profit.... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Troutman

Re: greedy seller

Post by Troutman »

He even uses Banksy's wording for the add..near exact. That's cheeky.

Nice looking bike though regardless.
simo

Post by simo »

+1 some people have no thingy ( know what the word is , can't spell it) .
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
ging500

Post by ging500 »

I suppose it is more sensitive due to nature of the bike being sold by banksy however plenty of people buy and sell motorbikes and get a proft from them, even as much as a whole business has been created by it.

For me its good its being sold on. There a lot of bikes that get so cheap inc firestorms that the extras cost more than the bike and from a financial point is better to break the bike down.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ouch! That smarts 8O
But, to be fair, it's probably selling for closer to what it's worth now. And I know if someone offered me a bike £700 below price and I was in the market I'd snap their hand off.
I know what you're saying guys but I don't necessarily think anyone's at fault :cry:
Still a good buy if someone's in the market

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He even uses Banksy's wording for the add..near exact.
Copyright infringement.

I think I would just make a note of the person/seller and boycott them as I would always prefer to deal with private rather than a business. Especially a business with no morals. :thumbdown:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

and the seller is telling lies to back his story up........ :thumbdown:
I wouldn't buy from this seller, no doubting banksy sold it to cheaply and i'm not against someone making a profit, but I just wish the bike had been bought by someone whose looking to ride and love their bike, not sell it on for a quick profit, lets hope it finds a better owner this time... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
warby221

Post by warby221 »

lol this bike is firestorm mike old bike and the Warbtech hangers are made by yours truly :D :D :D
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Personally dont see a problem with it. I bought a bike off a fella, for a price he was happy to let it go for, and I made £900 on it.I knew it was worth a lot more than he was asking, doesnt mean I'm gonna offer him more. Whatever his reason for selling was irellivant. Plus mate, some of us are struggling to make a few quid, so we take every opportunity that comes along.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

leevtr wrote:Personally dont see a problem with it. . Plus some of us are struggling to make a few quid, so we take every opportunity that comes along.
+1
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think it's more of an issue that if it was sold through the forum under the market price so sold on good will to help another member, then if that's the case a member has purchased here cheap because it's cheap just to sell on for profit. To me that is killing the good will of the forum so one may as well sell stuff on here at full market price and no favours.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I understand where your coming from Marty

However I was reading through some previous posts of Banksy selling the bike.

banksy wrote:SOLD
Pending collection
got what i paid for it so all good
As he said he was happy with what he got for it.

The new owner has the right to do what he wants with the bike as it does now belong to him.

We all would make some cash if we could.

Just my opinion.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
darkember

Post by darkember »

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. I can understand both points of view but won't be drawn further.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I think it's more of an issue that if it was sold through the forum under the market price so sold on good will to help another member, then if that's the case a member has purchased here cheap because it's cheap just to sell on for profit. To me that is killing the good will of the forum so one may as well sell stuff on here at full market price and no favours.

+1

the seller admits buying it from the forum 3 months ago, but strangely he only really bought it 6 weeks ago from a seller who wanted rid of the bike because it brought back to many sad memories, only to try and sell it on for a 50% profit, as carls says, it takes away from the good nature of the forum..... :thumbdown:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Yeah I hear ya Marty

Not in the spirit of the forum!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good