France trip 2014 - possible dates pg 8

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

leevtr

Re: France trip 2014

Post by leevtr »

Its like being on Dragons Den.....I'm out !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Anyone fancies going to Bilbao on the boat will do so, but If they feel like doing something along the lines that I suggested, I'll carry a bit of luggage for them, the offers there. If there ends up being two seperate trips, so be it. Ain't a problem really. All I do know is wherever I go, I want to stop for a few days and not keep packing and unpacking, and If it can be done in relative comfort and cheap, even better.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Right. After talking with the missus about this trip we are taking the ferry to with bilboa or Santander. That is for certain, more her choice than mine but I'm happy either way. Those of you who want to join us are welcome to do so. Whether we camp or hotel is yet to be decided but we will proberaly be staying in a few different locations for a few days at a time coving the north of spain, south of France and the Alps and then back to get the ferry. We are going for 2 weeks in total to do this trip. We are both checking tomorrow about booking the holidays but there should not be a problem. We are looking around late June. That way if you want to Marty you can still come and be back in time for what ever your other plans are. Yes this make make the trip more expensive and yes a bit longer but hey, its all an experience and part of the fun. If you are serious about coming please say and be ready to get it booked.
leevtr

Re: France trip 2014 - update on page 8

Post by leevtr »

There will be some nice riding over there I'm certain. Apparently Andorra is very cheap for bike gear, and the Milau bridge is within striking distance.Could also incorporate a weekend in Barcelona on a trip over that side.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've done Andorra and the millau bridge, both very interesting, Andorra is tax free, the cheapest fuel you'll ever buy... :thumbup:
but it gets mega busy in summer, the roads are fantastic... :thumbup:
as I said I can't do anything from the 12 to the 19th of july, before or after is cool with me.
i'm with lee on this one, a two day ride down to Grenoble, a couple of different campsites over 10 days or so.
lets get a date sorted and ferrys booked...... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Just be aware the bilboa or Santander crossing is not cheap. you will be looking at around £500 return for yourself, bike and pillion with a twin cabin. You still have the fuel costs and Tolls from there to the South of France which could be another £50 +. Worth a thought when you can ride down to the south and back for a lot less using the Tunnel. :idea:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

If we book the ferry now which I plan on doing ASAP then it will cost 250quid return for two. We will be taking country roads so no toll fees and as for petrol money, I couldn't care less. It's a holiday and I plan on enjoying myself. Not bothered what it costs to be honest. Any on else getting the ferry to north of Spain? Going to look at dates tonight and try to get it booked in the next week or 2.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:If we book the ferry now which I plan on doing ASAP then it will cost 250quid return for two. We will be taking country roads so no toll fees and as for petrol money, I couldn't care less. It's a holiday and I plan on enjoying myself. Not bothered what it costs to be honest. Any on else getting the ferry to north of Spain? Going to look at dates tonight and try to get it booked in the next week or 2.
I think the ferrys are mostly Wednesday or sunday sailings. let us know when you book chris.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Ckennedy wrote:If we book the ferry now which I plan on doing ASAP then it will cost 250quid return for two. We will be taking country roads so no toll fees and as for petrol money, I couldn't care less. It's a holiday and I plan on enjoying myself. Not bothered what it costs to be honest. Any on else getting the ferry to north of Spain? Going to look at dates tonight and try to get it booked in the next week or 2.
Not trying to talk you out of anything mate, But I just went through the whole booking process for the bilbao ferry, and for 25 june dept, return 10 july for 2 people on one bike, comes to 493 gbp.

The way they present it at first it looks cheaper, but then you add on the cabin costs at 100 each way......

Have a look yourself.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well even if it costs nealy 500quid I won't have z choice. The missus has decided were getting the ferry. Will take a lot now she change her mind :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I take it they present the 100 quid cabin as an option but dont let you not have it?

Hmmm

Ill be booking before xmas if this is going ahead, but dont have the cash right now, im sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Bulgaria for 2 week holiday :D

My spare money for September's salary is already spoken for with another big purchase....hmm :o

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Dates updated after my mess up :lol:

Right looking at ferry prices they are rather sneaky. It is going to cost 450+ for return for 2 which includes inside cabin. I do hope that includes food to but some how I doubt it :lol:

The ferry dates I am looking at are: leave portsmouth wed 18 @ 11:45. arrive in Bilbao Thurs 19 @ 12:45
Return from Bilbao Thurs 26 @ 15:30 Arrive Portsmouth Fri 27 1415. This is a total of two weeks and means you get a good weekend to recover before you have to go back to work. Full price to book now is £468. Marty this would work out cheaper (but not a lot) @ £418 as I have done it. If you have a membership card it may be cheaper still.

How are these dates and times with the rest of you?

Miztaziggy arnt you a lucky so and so. Have fun and hope we get all the sun :lol: seriously though. Have a good time :thumbup:
Last edited by Ckennedy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Sounds good but I can't rush into booking the ferry just yet. Dates and stuff are all good though

Sent from my GT-I9505, written in ASCII using an even parity bit and spoofing the IP of the White House
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Edit that last post. If gone over 2 weeks :lol: let me re look at it.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

N food or drink included all I'm afraid, Ive' done it......albeit 10 years ago.