Are Firestorms worthless

General Biker Banter
Phimosis

Are Firestorms worthless

Post by Phimosis »

My Storm is tidy lowish miles all the proper bits on it to avoid terminus blowup ness, and it still wont sell at 1400 squids, I have seen er5's at 1500 and they get snapped up....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-HONDA-VT ... 393wt_1170
She told me she was 16.
MacV2

Re: Are Firestorms worthless

Post by MacV2 »

No they are not worthless, but It's what someone wants to pay at the end of the day...

Marty sold his advertised at 1700 odd IIRC.
Tasums just sold his...

They do sell, I personally don't think you add is very good TBH, the red & green writing make it hard to read.

When I look at these adds on the Bay the first thing I look for is the mileage...missing in your add.

More photos would have been nice, picture = 1000 words ect.

It's also not a great time of year to be selling, weather is turning cold, christmas is coming (ARRRGGGGG!)

Good luck with the sale IMO the price is OK but there is a lot of choice so you have to be patient...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Lol I have put the mileage in, its there in 2 places, and the only reason its in 2 colours as with many times before people still dont read properly, so i thought a bright change was in order, and i always get 25 watchers...but at least this time no dumb questions which is a bonus...thanks for feedback
She told me she was 16.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

macs right about your advert, lots of pictures and info is the way to go. let the buyers make their own minds up, again as mac said, your asking a fair price mate. but it is the wrong time of year to sell.
its crazy tho, because there is loads of storms for sale at rock bottom prices, having said that, we tend to buy them cheap, because they're a bargain, the problem is spending money on them, you'll never get your money back, if you spend lots of money on it, you've got to keep it, or take the parts off before selling it.
good luck with the sale buddy.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

spose i will have to relist and treat buyers like children using small words, i made the mistake of assuming the public were informed, ok different tact later when i relist, tell me then if its better. :D
She told me she was 16.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Shaun,
your might be worthless because
a) its red
b) you had some untrained idiot service it for you.

and the others are right, lots of photos including close ups of tyres and places that might have corrosion.... hence showing how good teh condition is ................they are worth more than loads of words.

and having the wife / daughter / mother / greyhound [delete as applicable] in a bikini sat on it :P
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+1 on all that has been said so far.

I couldn't even be bothered reading all that Red text. Sometimes I wish I was colour-blind and then it could look more brownish. :lol: Plus Red is a warning/danger colour in nature so has a subconscious effect on people. Some line breaks and spacing it out would help too but keep all the relevant stuff to the top and any waffle below. Mileage and more info should be in the Item specifics.

But most importantly good pictures is what sells it. I have seen ad's where someone lists loads of good quality pics and then just has mileage and a contact phone number and they sell.
As for are Firestorms worthless....well, it seems they are getting that way sometimes when look at some of the prices they sell for. :eek2 :eek2 IMO there are too many on eBay at the moment so it's a buyers market.

At the right time with better pics and a good listing you could sell it for more than what your asking.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Lol I will rip my tee shirt and sit on it???
She told me she was 16.
koko

Post by koko »

Ipaid £1300 for mine with 29000 miles 98 on an r reg.viper short ovals ,hugger,and new pilot road 3 tyres. My gs500 was £600.
NOT SO MEAN,NOT SO LEAN,EX-MAROON MACHINE!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here a good eBay listing. Nicely layed out text with all the relevant information, legible and easy on the eyes. There's a lot to be said for some White space. Space on a page is as important as the content that fills it :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-100 ... 1c37411f8d

IMO only a couple of mistakes with this ad. First the bike is overpriced considering the milage and the market price of others for sale at the moment. And second the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pics are pointless. They may look nice but don't give the viewer anything relevant to the sale of the bike. The first pic I can accept as it's an attention grabber that pulls one in to look further into the Ad. The others would have been better of used for close up pics of swingarm/suspension tyres or something.

Then the pic of the clocks is pointless as the mileage is in the text. That pic should not be so closely zoomed into the clocks but should be zoomed out more so clocks and surrounding area including bars, controls, screen etc are in the shot.

I could get picky and find a few other little bits with the typography but that would be getting fussy and overall I think it's a good listing. As the viewer If I want the text bigger I would make it bigger with my browser.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as much as I want storm prices to increase, this yellow storm is well over priced, the condition would have to be 9 out of 10 to warrant that price. the pictures are to arty farty aswell, some of the info he gives would set alarm bells off, but yes the advert is well laid out and at least there is plenty of photo's... :thumbup:
I think the seller might get a few silly offers tho.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing wrong with arty farty when used correctly. That's why I said I can accept the first one. The other three are sh1t anyway, especially the one with the yellow colour cast over it from all the lights. And I would be very surprised if the bike sells for that price, but you never know if the right person comes along and it's local.

Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Auto tensioners still, new rear tyre,....well were up to nearly 2k already, mines had all this done with new tyres on... :D
She told me she was 16.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not the nicest of bikes, but £710 buys it and its got a fair bit of mot left..... :eek2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-HONDA-VT ... 2204036%26
it seems firestorms aren't worth much at this time of year... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

8O WTF are these people doing to our dearly beloved Firestorms. They are seriously de-valuing out bikes. how the heck is someone supposed to sell a bike for 1500 or more when there are so many people selling them for a grand and under. :thumbdown: Are people really that desperate for cash. I know there is a bit of a recession but we will end up in a depression at this rate.