what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Wicky »

Sounds like there some silicone or greasy paw print contamination. Sand it down and use some more solvent prepaint wipe. You might need two steps back to go one stage forward but that's the point of prepping in achieving the finish.
leevtr wrote:Gave the 19L tank a rubdown with 600 wet and dry. Washed it clean. When it was dry I wiped it over with pre paint wipe, then base coated it yellow. The bloody paint decided it didnt like two points on the tank, and basically seperated, leaving two areas of primer exposed. Wierd, as the rest is spot on. Now I have to wait till next week before rubbing down again, spotting with primer, then more waiting before I can get back on track...Grrrrrr
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I moved mine into the garage.

If it gets too windy for the four by four I may get it out and use it for the commute, just to show off.

After all, if I ride it at 80 miles an hour, it's got an 80 mile an hour wind pushing at it, and that's hardly a problem, now, is it?

Dunno what all the fuss is about.
I smell something Fishy.........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Put down the haddock !!
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote:Put down the haddock !!
OK- Haddock, you're not exactly the tastiest fish on the block, to be honest I don't know why you bothered evolving at all.
Compared to Cod you're too nondescript, and frankly you don't even put up a fight when hooked. Go back to the ocean and don't bother coming back.
You'll never be able to ride a bloody pushbike, never mind a vee twin, so you're no use to me whatsoever.
And you mother smells of mulberries.

Any good?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

PMSL :lol: :lol:

Didn't do anything to the bike today, but did remove fairings and other bits of the top of the shed roof so they don't get blown away.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sent from my GT-19505 using Telekinesis
Jamie :wave:
Foxy vid vtr

Post by Foxy vid vtr »

We had to bump start the storm as it's not moved for 3 weeks and didn't want to turn over at all. Once it was going I give it a little run around the block before the weather changes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
darkember

Post by darkember »

Cans taken off and rubbed down to 1000 wet & dry waiting for some 1200 to arrive then the full polish. Rest of the system will also get the treatment over the winter period.
bbancsov

Post by bbancsov »

I stared at mine in the garage...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

jonjonsocal wrote:Well.. I didnt do much to it... but.. Mike got my bike running better than ever before... few things done recently
Synchronized the carbs (big, big difference)
New brake pads
Replace clutch fluids and added hoses for easier carb syncing. .. bike runs like a dream... thanks Mike!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
What and no comment about me letting you take my bike out for a quick spin..... :angel: :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

8541Hawk wrote:
jonjonsocal wrote:Well.. I didnt do much to it... but.. Mike got my bike running better than ever before... few things done recently
Synchronized the carbs (big, big difference)
New brake pads
Replace clutch fluids and added hoses for easier carb syncing. .. bike runs like a dream... thanks Mike!!!

What and no comment about me letting you take my bike out for a quick spin..... :angel: :wink:
Oh... man! I was planing to start a whole new thread about it... :lol: :lol:

Oh well..
While "visiting" Mr. Mike aka 8541Hawk, I took his sweet ride for a spin... It handled like a dream... I got to admit that I wasn't excepting it to be so smooth and powerful for a bike with over 95k miles (thats over 152,887 kilometers for you European folks, I think) Mike keeps his bike running tip-top.. I was very impress.. even tho my bikes 5 years newer and has 80, 000 miles less it doesn't run or handles as good as his Superhawk.... I guess those RC51 inverted forks and olins adjustable rears do make a big difference. While riding it, I just wanted to keep going, until the little gas ligth came on with no gas stations near I had to turn back :lol: :lol: ..... Mike did get mine running great in no time...but got a unfixable tire puncture on the way home... . I thank you again Mike. Thanks for the set of tires too... Im really lucky to have my hawk back running.. all I can say is thanks Mike and guys, DONT go cheap on your maintenance... dont skip oil services or ccts adjustments if you have manuals unless you did it yourself or someone you trust..

02 VTR1000f Red
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

washed it, polished it, dryed it and then checked the chain, oil, coolant and waited for some guy to turn up to buy it, he came from london with £1500 and wanted a bargain, he went home, wanting the bike but wouldnt pay any more. a waste of both our times tbh.i did get offered a honda hornet 900 for it yesterday too 04 plate.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Dropped 4x flywheels off at the engineers :-)
I'm going lighter on one of them ( need to keep ahead of the flying banana )
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Scooter gone :-) now I have a little space back now
Ckennedy

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Ckennedy »

lloydie wrote:Scooter gone :-) now I have a little space back now
A little more room, for now :lol: :lol: