The end of my Storm - and nearly me!

General Bike chat
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

Hi all
Spent the day at Charing cross all for six x-rays and the 20 minute removal of two screws and one wire and guess what...
I was NOT offered any local anestetic, gas & air or bloody anything!!!
:evil:

The top frame was unbolted and the wire snipped at one end then pulled through, funny enough it didnt realy hurt but the screws (which I have :wink: ) were bolted into the bone through my thigh muscle and the pain was fu$%ing un-be-le-vable!!!!!!!! and without joking I lost quite alot of blood :cry: even one nurse who entered asked why there was such a mess!

My knee is just so panful as any movement sends me through the roof - a night of Tramadol awaits me I think. I just hope that the pain subsides as even the slihtest movement equals the pain I felt at the crash.

I think this is the worst of it though and once I have movement back it can only get better, any tips rainman? my knee has been isolated since July 8th!!!

Safe riding all - well I guess youre all A+ riders with tons of experiance (I hadant had to even make an emergency stop in the last five years - and I was commuting daily from W.Sussex to London!) but we have to watch out for those b8stard who put us through Months of hell :twisted: cos they cant be bloody arsed to adopt any road craft - rant over

Thanks again all
I can send pics but they are kinda 2-300 kb??let me know.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

hope you get better soon dude, its NOT about spendng time as a surgeons pin cushions but c'est la vie! glad to hear your ok and on the mend!!!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

OK guys and gals
I can resize my pictures now (please advise on acceptable sizes) so the question is do you want to see my 'horror' pics on the photo gallery? I just dont want to put people off biking but this is unfortunatly one of the sides of biking that we try to forget or just not think about. I have never experianced anything like this before or hope to again.

Please can one of the site administrators let me know and if they are ok to go on, if so do you want them in a new folder and what size images you want?? I could always email them in a zipped file so you can vet them first.

I am endeavouring to take some pics of my bike soon, but I fear a tear or two may fall when I see her again :cry:

Still up, still cant sleep :( pains bad!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Surely you can post them with a warning or something. If we're all old enough to ride, then we should be prepared to see what can happen... Might work as a warning to some of the younger stormers.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

Hey VTRgirl
I will re-size a handfull of pictures and upload them over the weekend, I will list them by the four operations I had. One thing about this is I am now an expert on night time t.v :wink:
stu9000

insurance...

Post by stu9000 »

Hope you got the b8stard for time off work and damage to you as well as to the bike.
Im not big on the insurance culture of today but after all the hassle he has caused the very least you deserve is a shiny new bike at the end of it all.
red is the fastest colour;)
VTRgirl

Re: insurance...

Post by VTRgirl »

stu9000 wrote:Im not big on the insurance culture of today...
I'm not sure many of us are, but Ian's situation is what it's supposed to be used for. Looking forward to the pics, Ian! Of you and the bike :cry: .

I worked with a 60 year old woman who's husband was well & truly pissed at the cricket, tripped over & broke his ankle. They successfully sued the council for $20,000. Bad enough. THEN, she sued the council for "non-consortium", which is basically because she wasn't "getting any" while he had a broken ankle... Only thing we could come up with was that he (also 60ish) couldn't get a push start from the foot of the bed :roll: . She got $2,000 for her "suffering" 8O .

The whole world's gone bonkers. We like to blame the US for these types of things :wink: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:
stu9000 wrote:Im not big on the insurance culture of today...
I'm not sure many of us are, but Ian's situation is what it's supposed to be used for. Looking forward to the pics, Ian! Of you and the bike :cry: .

I worked with a 60 year old woman who's husband was well & truly pissed at the cricket, tripped over & broke his ankle. They successfully sued the council for $20,000. Bad enough. THEN, she sued the council for "non-consortium", which is basically because she wasn't "getting any" while he had a broken ankle... Only thing we could come up with was that he (also 60ish) couldn't get a push start from the foot of the bed :roll: . She got $2,000 for her "suffering" 8O .

The whole world's gone bonkers. We like to blame the US for these types of things :wink: .
You are so Right VTRgirl all this suing and where there's blame make a claim, basically bullsh1t stuff is all going to come back and bite us and our children, where it hurts most :!: :!: :!:

Only last week on the news, I think that was in America, there is now a shortage of doctors who will have anything to do with a women giving birth, simply because they are afraid they will be sued if anything goes wrong :!: :!: :!:

Chris.
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

I have now added some pictures to this site for you :o
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

sh1t mate that aint pretty but think you need to have a serious word with yourself about you choice of sock :lol: Hope it all mends soon and that you can retire on the claim. Accidents do happen but when they're down to some stupid muppet not looking they should be publicly buggered and burnt :evil:. Get back on a bike as soon as you can mate 8)
The voices made me do it
RQ

Post by RQ »

FU(K ME !!! That's some scary sh1t. You never think of how long an injury could take to heal, and all the bits in between.
Best of luck for the mending Ian, hope you get sorted out properly for the injuries.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

I cant wait to get back on a bike again :D but my only doubts are the commuting through London mon to fri, this has always been the hardest part as London traffic is the worst and some drivers would rather hit you wih force then to allow some biker to 'steal his room' for a few seconds.

I can't not ride again it's just too bloody exciting! especialy when you take what I call a perfect corner, you know when the entry speed is spot on and you get the bike nice and low and then fire it out again with that v-twin roaring - "oh my god what a rush!"

Should be all systems go by xmas
:D :D :D
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I suppose that could be an exeptable excuse for missing the Rudgwick music festival this year. Make sure your healed and riding for next year, i don't want to be the only storm rider there next year. Get well soon.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:Only last week on the news, I think that was in America, there is now a shortage of doctors who will have anything to do with a women giving birth, simply because they are afraid they will be sued if anything goes wrong :!: :!: :!:
That's true everywhere, Chris. Obstetrics & gynaecology are just not worth it for doctors. Their insurance is ridiculous, but they have no choice. Our stupid government even puts millions aside each year for a fund for people to sue when there's nobody else to sue. How's that for encouraging the mentality?! I know a woman who was assaulted & sued this "fund" because the guy who attacked her had no money. She got $25,000. Yeah, poor her, BUT...

Ian, thanks for putting the pics up. Can't say I'd be swapping places with you at the moment... Wish you all the best. Pop those pills & focus on the corners ahead. You'll get there!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Only last week on the news, I think that was in America, there is now a shortage of doctors who will have anything to do with a women giving birth, simply because they are afraid they will be sued if anything goes wrong :!: :!: :!:
That's true everywhere, Chris. Obstetrics & gynaecology are just not worth it for doctors. Their insurance is ridiculous, but they have no choice. Our stupid government even puts millions aside each year for a fund for people to sue when there's nobody else to sue. How's that for encouraging the mentality?! I know a woman who was assaulted & sued this "fund" because the guy who attacked her had no money. She got $25,000. Yeah, poor her, BUT...
What can one say to that :!: It just proves a point that society in general is moving forward :!: one step forward and two backwards, just ask yourself where is all this money coming from in the first place :!:

Chris.