19 Litre tank

General Bike chat
Virt

Re: 19 Litre tank

Post by Virt »

I did just over 200 miles yesterday lumpy and my back was fine. Then again I'm young :wink:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Bertiew wrote:
Tweety wrote:I have two, none of which are connected to any bike... The ironic part is that I have been looking for six years for one... And now two turns up...
I was just about to ask you if you wanted to sell one then I saw you're location. :?
Oh no you aint... Get yer dirty mittens of my toys... I have waited a long time for these... :wink:

Seriously though, make me an offer, and we'll see... I can make do probably make do with one...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

was a pretty gentle ride yesterday . roads were half wet half dry and I could,nt see where I was going so was taking it steady.
the back hurts less when I can get a move on as I am concentrating more on what im doing .

and yes virt I have got a few years on you ,you lucky young beggar .

hoping the suspension upgrade I am planning will improve matters a bit :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Bertiew

Post by Bertiew »

Tweety wrote:
Bertiew wrote:
Tweety wrote:I have two, none of which are connected to any bike... The ironic part is that I have been looking for six years for one... And now two turns up...
I was just about to ask you if you wanted to sell one then I saw you're location. :?
Oh no you aint... Get yer dirty mittens of my toys... I have waited a long time for these... :wink:

Seriously though, make me an offer, and we'll see... I can make do probably make do with one...
I'll have to wait until the end of January before we talk money. I'm not picking the bike up until 6th and I've to pay for it and pay my transport costs to get it.
Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

on the off chance one can get one's grubby Geordie fingers on a larger tank (2004), can all the fittings from the smaller (1997) tank be reused?

MICK..
'97 VTR1000F Euro import
2003 SV650S cafe fighter
94/97 Ducati 750SS
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Wonky Donkey wrote:on the off chance one can get one's grubby Geordie fingers on a larger tank (2004), can all the fittings from the smaller (1997) tank be reused?

MICK..
Nope. You'll need the fuel tap ( petcock ) of the newer one, or a varadero one fits, which is what I have.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Virt

Post by Virt »

I'd recommend the varadero tap. Otherwise you have to pinch the fuel line shut as it pisses it out :(

A right pain in the butt :lol:

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Virt wrote:I'd recommend the varadero tap. Otherwise you have to pinch the fuel line shut as it pisses it out :(

Not difficult to remedy that.....just disconnect the 2 fuel lines from the external petcock, along with the vacuum hose, and leave the petcock connected to the tank when you remove it. Basically it looks like the same set up as the smaller tank, but done in 2 seperate parts, an outlet connected directly to the tank, and a petcock connected to that. The only thing the vara tap does, is make the tank easier to drain.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
darkember

Post by darkember »

Virt wrote:I'd recommend the varadero tap. Otherwise you have to pinch the fuel line shut as it pisses it out :(

What are you doing to remove your tank. All I do is drain it then remove the petcock with the tank leaving the 2 fuel lines to the carbs as well as the vacuum line.
Virt

Post by Virt »

I just take the tank off. I don't drain it, take it off and stick it in the corner on the carpet :lol:

darkember

Post by darkember »

Virt wrote:I just take the tank off. I don't drain it, take it off and stick it in the corner on the carpet :lol:

So you need to keep the fuel line pinched otherwise you will have a rather flammable carpet. I only drain mine cause it makes it easier to work with. Less chances for accidental mishaps.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Nothing to really drain it into and I'd only spill it everywhere getting the petrol back in. The least practical method is all I caj do :lol:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt wrote:Nothing to really drain it into and I'd only spill it everywhere getting the petrol back in. The least practical method is all I caj do :lol:

You could always drink it Virt ! Ha ha ha pmsl
Virt

Post by Virt »

Damn you! :lol:

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

or buy a plastic petrol container, about £4.99
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.