1K to spend.

General Bike chat
Tweety

Re: 1K to spend.

Post by Tweety »

tony.mon wrote:
seb421 wrote:i still say get a full USD front off a blade and a new Nitron shock and then get the bike to http://www.kais-ohlins.co.uk/ in atherton (mancheter) for new springs and set up

With a newer USD set up your gonna get lighter wheel, better brakes, better forks, Less flex, more feel, slightly lower more racey front end, cool as wombles looks

Back end a new shock from Nitron http://www.nitron.co.uk/products/bike - bloody works of art too, and then a refersh of beaings and caiper overhaul at the back end

and a 6mm rear shock spacer if you're a tall chap tho it might be high adjustable the nitron

bish bash bosh massive
And the blade forks are a lot lighter, a nice carbon mudguard and Ti fixings all round will get the front up all day, and that feels like you've spent the grand on engine mods.
Mind you, it'd look like you're copying mine, but without the road grime.

Due to the blade forks being shorter, you won't need a 6mm spacer, so there's a saving right there! :thumbup:
So what... You're just copying mine then, aren't you... :wink: And you are about four years behind too... :)
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

With the forks being taken care of by Roger (a brace would be nice to tighten up the front), you can perhaps try to get a Race-Tech kit for the shock, and a proper weight matched spring. Or get a modded F4i shock from Jamie Daugherty (on the Superhawk forum). After that, definitely brakes (F4i bits are tough to beat)...... if you have any money left over, Dr Honda velocity stacks and a BMC street filter.......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tweety wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
And the blade forks are a lot lighter, a nice carbon mudguard and Ti fixings all round will get the front up all day, and that feels like you've spent the grand on engine mods.

Due to the blade forks being shorter, you won't need a 6mm spacer, so there's a saving right there! :thumbup:
So what... You're just copying mine then, aren't you... :wink: And you are about four years behind too... :)
Just getting a few projects tidied before I start on the main course, Markus- don't think anyone's done the things I have planned but you'll have to wait and see what happens before any of us know if they're worth copying :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

tony.mon wrote:
Tweety wrote:
tony.mon wrote:

Just getting a few projects tidied before I start on the main course, Markus- don't think anyone's done the things I have planned but you'll have to wait and see what happens before any of us know if they're worth copying :lol:
Dunno, I have few secret projects myself... :wink:

I just started by sorting the handling to my liking... Then, once that was done, I started to eke every HP i could out of the lump... I'm not done yet, and quite frankly, I probably should...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tweety wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
Tweety wrote:
Dunno, I have few secret projects myself... :wink:

I just started by sorting the handling to my liking... Then, once that was done, I started to eke every HP i could out of the lump... I'm not done yet, and quite frankly, I probably should...
PM'd :plainsmile
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Some really good tools too - Wera, Wiha or Snap-On
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mav617 wrote:Some really good tools too - Wera, Wiha or Snap-On
i have "Starwille" there great tools
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!