(Video) Delkevic 10.5" Stumpies

General Bike chat
Bleh

(Video) Delkevic 10.5" Stumpies

Post by Bleh »

A half decent snip of the VTR with a set of Delkevic cans and link pipes fitted.

The cans DO have the supplied baffles installed... Excuse my sniffles (cold) and understand that the bike is a working progress (so not a show winner...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAUJHpjh ... e=youtu.be

Hopefully the link works ok and if the sound quality isn't the best, my apologies but it was recorded via a mobile but there should be enough to give you an idea!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
AMCQ46

Re: (Video) Delkevic 10.5" Stumpies

Post by AMCQ46 »

They are the shortest cans I have seen for a long time. Would be interesting to see what they do to the power curve.m sound nice mind :thumbup:
AMcQ
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Love the colour :) Cans sound mean.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

They sound good in the video. Bet it doesnt do them justice though.
slower110

Post by slower110 »

Had a set on my Storm when I had it, seem to remember them being very loud but sounded good, as does yours :thumbup: .

Forget who it was on here I sold them to :think: .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They sound nice mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
reggy5

Post by reggy5 »

I give my stubbys a try tomorrow look way too small though

yours sound v nice :D
vtr 1000 firestorm
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

reggy5 wrote:I give my stubbys a try tomorrow look way too small though

yours sound v nice :D
I knew I'd seen that vtr before !!
At bassets pole with another one on always parked on the left side of mcdonalds
reggy5

Post by reggy5 »

yeh its been a couple of times by the previous owner .
vtr 1000 firestorm
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

Yeah, a mobile mic is never going to do it a true justice... You can get the idea through a little snip like this but you can't 'feel' the noise which is half the enjoyment!

Reggy5, I like the colour scheme... Almost mk2 TDM-esque. Surely a head turner?!

Delkevic appear to offer decent quality at a fair price and well worth giving them a ring. Their site has a good selection plus it's a british company. Talking them up here a bit to much, maybe I should ask for commission :thumbup:
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Bleh wrote:A half decent snip of the VTR with a set of Delkevic cans and link pipes fitted.

The cans DO have the supplied baffles installed... Excuse my sniffles (cold) and understand that the bike is a working progress (so not a show winner...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAUJHpjh ... e=youtu.be

Hopefully the link works ok and if the sound quality isn't the best, my apologies but it was recorded via a mobile but there should be enough to give you an idea!
i like the sound, but take the baffles out!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

bigtwinthing wrote: i like the sound, but take the baffles out!!!
FAR to loud to even be discreet with how keen the fuzz can be around this way sometimes. Risking being stopped and collecting a fine as it is. No baffles would just be asking to be stopped and get fined.

Absolutely pathetic though... Ferrari's, Aston's, Lambo's (yes yes, and of course 17 year old's in their corsa's or 1.2 pugs with some kind of magnex crap on their car) are sometimes ridiculously loud but seem to never have bother from the local authorities. Put a can on a bike and you may as well be putting a flashy sign on your back saying 'Stop Me, Fine Me'.

But here's my logic that I try to use when I have been stopped in the past/ snooty person comments on the volume, I simply ask... 'You're coming to a bend or a corner and I'm coming towards you in the opposite direction, do you hear me or see me first?'... 'Exactly, hence the saying loud cans saves lives'.

There truly shouldn't be noise limit but a time limit instead, a cut-off point where you should use common decency for the streets you're going through and just plod along through at low revs!
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Have you ridden the bike yet with them as I'm sure someone had stubbies before (think it was benny) and he lost all his top end.. Be interesting to know if you have the same effect and if so by how much or if yours is different and there is no effect for some reason.. I'm sure there was a thread about it.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

They sound nice and gruff, I'd also like to see a dyno print out, I used to dislike stubbies, but in the last year or so I've changed my mind, here's a link to my fav sounding stubbies.....
http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=honda+ ... imura&sm=1
Scroll down to the red bike.... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

agentpineapple wrote: here's a link to my fat sounding stubbies.....
Link only returning to my bike Mr Pineapple, or at least it is for me!

Yeah, have ridden it a good few times, I am generally an all weather rider (Ice, Snow and Extreme winds aside) but not really had the opportunity to open it up on a decent stretch. Still, have noticed there appear to be a bit of 'flatness' at mid-range. Ideally, to run stumpies without any losses would entail a redesign in headers attempting to increase the overall length so to cancel out the loss in length with the cans (if everything else remains standard).

If it's top end you're after, I don't see why someone couldn't take advantage of the additional torque on offer at low range and change the sprocket ratio to regain any losses up top. It may not have the same pull factor but the speed should be there!

Basically, longer pipes are generally more beneficial to overall performance (if changing just the cans). It's complicated to explain as I don't know the ins and outs myself but trying to make a long explanation short, the entire exhaust system works through a series of harmonics (pulses, hence pulse tuning) where the gases coming out generate a pressure difference (and in turn a vacuum) which effects the velocities of escaping gases within the exhaust system. A shorter system can help produce that bit of extra torque low down but a longer system can offer max power at a higher RPM.

Where I study, they are expecting a delivery of a rolling road dyno but not confident that it'll be open for all to use or it it'll be just uni related initiatives (most likely). However, there is a place in Bridgend that a few boys have used but before so may take a trip up there in a few weeks IF it's possible I can get my head improvements planned out and done in the near future, i.e. before '14 is out!