Nice Fightered Storm

General Bike chat
Tam Cunningham

Nice Fightered Storm

Post by Tam Cunningham »

Spotted this ad up my neck of the woods (almost)

£1750 he's asking or swaps.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1050750827
agentpineapple

Re: Nice Fightered Storm

Post by agentpineapple »

Tam Cunningham wrote:Spotted this ad up my neck of the woods (almost)

£1750 he's asking or swaps.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1050750827
I know its down to personal choice, but I only like the single rad conversion and the gilles rearsets, can't say I like the rest tbh.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Never been a fan of those style headlights
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I think the price is reasonable...

Cant see anything ''Nice'' about it tho, it looks a right mess !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Moved to Bike chat as it's not your sale Tam.

The bikes looks very alien to me. Didn't even recognise it as a firestorm at first and thought it was some kind of crossrunner. It looks very confused.....is it a sports bike or an off road bike or a bike that has been crashed and patched together. It is nice to see an un-faired storm with the rad up front though. imo there's nothing worse than an un-faired storm with side rads....just looks so wrong to me.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

Headlight is awful... Spoils the rest of the good work done on the bike with all the polishing etc.
Change the headlight, put some straights on it and lower it a tad and you may have a mean looking machine!

Lights like this may be more 'fitting'... http://www.streetfightersinc.com/images ... eBlack.jpg

Personal preference though!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Like this one or not, I would say it's had a fair amount of detail added to attention in this build. It certainly doesn't look like it's been thrown together, or half finished. Personally I quite like it, but I realise everybody's tastes are different. It has some nice after market parts fitted and I prefer the single rad going across the frame rather than the two side ones showing once you no longer use the fairing. I wonder what shock that is :?:

Chris.
Tam Cunningham

Post by Tam Cunningham »

cybercarl wrote:Moved to Bike chat as it's not your sale Tam.
The bikes looks very alien to me. Didn't even recognise it as a firestorm at first and thought it was some kind of crossrunner. It looks very confused.....is it a sports bike or an off road bike or a bike that has been crashed and patched together. It is nice to see an un-faired storm with the rad up front though. imo there's nothing worse than an un-faired storm with side rads....just looks so wrong to me.

(:-})

Was unsure where to post to be honest.

Tam Cunningham

Post by Tam Cunningham »

sirch345 wrote:Like this one or not, I would say it's had a fair amount of detail added to attention in this build. It certainly doesn't look like it's been thrown together, or half finished. Personally I quite like it, but I realise everybody's tastes are different. It has some nice after market parts fitted and I prefer the single rad going across the frame rather than the two side ones showing once you no longer use the fairing. I wonder what shock that is :?:

Chris.

That's what I liked about it too. The fact that it appears to have had a bit of time,thought and NOT thrown together just to get a fightered bike put into it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tam Cunningham wrote:That's what I liked about it too. The fact that it appears to have had a bit of time,thought and NOT thrown together just to get a fightered bike put into it
Exactly :thumbup:
I think if you actually saw it you'd like it even better,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Re-siting the rad and oil cooler shows the thought that's gone into this, there's some thinking and planning involved, which tbh isn't often the case with sf's.
They're more often, er, i've taken the fairing off because I dropped it, and it ended up looking like this.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I reckon it needs a more co-ordinated paint scheme to tie it all together. I quite like it though.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF