BURNT SOME BIKES OFF TODAY!!!

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: BURNT SOME BIKES OFF TODAY!!!

Post by lloydie »

Wow I want a go in that :-) can't you come up in that next month instead of the storm .-)

The only car so far I have had trouble with down the lanes was that jag last year with the flying banana
Watty

Post by Watty »

Awesome mate :thumbup: that would give my Focus diesel estate a run for its money :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oor err what a car. Is that what they call a road worthy F1 car. I wonder what it would be like sitting in traffic. I think the bikes would have beaten you then. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
budd

Post by budd »

Really?? isn't that thing just another pointless exercise along the lines of the KTM X bow ? if you want to 'burn off some bikes' get a race licence and race BIKES then come back boasting, any comparison between cars and bikes particularly on the public highway is utterly irrelevant.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

comparison between cars and bikes particularly on the public highway is utterly irrelevant.
I've got to agree. It's like the youtube comparisons of bike versus car or cars on track. The best one I saw IIRC was moto GP bike versus top of the range AMG Merc versus top of the range Rally car versus the previous years F1 car. They all left the grid at something like 30 secs between each other with the Merc leaving first being the least powerful, and the F1 car still beat them all.

If Rossi was on one of those bikes in racing mode he would have left the car standing. I think bigtwinthing is just caught up in the buzz of it all. You know what it's like when the adrenaline runs and you have a big grin on your face. Lucky to have a little play in a car like that though.

Personally I don't see the point in anything with more than 2 wheels on the road as all one does is sit in traffic the majority of the time. I can't think of anything more frustrating. I would rather be in the pissing down rain on two wheels filtering through it all to the front where iI get stuck at the lights :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

cybercarl wrote:
comparison between cars and bikes particularly on the public highway is utterly irrelevant.
I've got to agree. It's like the youtube comparisons of bike versus car or cars on track. The best one I saw IIRC was moto GP bike versus top of the range AMG Merc versus top of the range Rally car versus the previous years F1 car. They all left the grid at something like 30 secs between each other with the Merc leaving first being the least powerful, and the F1 car still beat them all.

If Rossi was on one of those bikes in racing mode he would have left the car standing. I think bigtwinthing is just caught up in the buzz of it all. You know what it's like when the adrenaline runs and you have a big grin on your face. Lucky to have a little play in a car like that though.

Personally I don't see the point in anything with more than 2 wheels on the road as all one does is sit in traffic the majority of the time. I can't think of anything more frustrating. I would rather be in the pissing down rain on two wheels filtering through it all to the front where iI get stuck at the lights :lol:

2 Wheels on the road... 4 wheels are for track use... That car, and others I have played with start to make a whole lot more sense too you, when you flick the thing into a corner at insane speeds, without lifting off the throttle, and all you get is a small chirp from the tires and grip, grip and more grip as you power out... That's what it's meant to do...

And believe me, even Rossi, DanPed, Marquez and Lorenzo would have a hard time staying with that thing on a twisty track, let alone the V8, if it's properly set up and driven in anger... It's insanely light, insanely agile, and the grip levels are beyond comprehension really... Give the bike a few straights to monster it though, and it becomes another race...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Nice one BTT! Have you treated yourself to the Atom? Very nice. That pic of me in the yellow Westfield is at Snetterton I think, if you get a chance take it to snetty or brands, you'll be overtaken by no one I guarantee it!

It was very satisfying overtaking all the expensive road cars, track prepared sports cars & ktm x-bows in a car which cost only a couple of tax rebates!

Gis a go mista! :)
Jamie :wave:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

very minimal :thumbup:

going quick on the road must be scary that low down though I guess?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
macdee

Post by macdee »

nice car bigtt
i bet she handles like its on rails
cant wait to see you and jamoi go at it for the vtr 4 wheel cup :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

budd wrote:Really?? isn't that thing just another pointless exercise along the lines of the KTM X bow ? if you want to 'burn off some bikes' get a race licence and race BIKES then come back boasting, any comparison between cars and bikes particularly on the public highway is utterly irrelevant.
Its fast, it handles and its almost impossible to catch on country lanes, all i said was some bikers tried to blow me off and got a great view of the LED rear lights. I was totally astounded by its performance and mainly people use this for the track. We going to Spa in it for some track days later this year. Oh and the KTM X Box can't keep up with it with me only using 4 gears. Its the brakes though that are the most awesome part of it.

Whats amazing is seeing the wheels flex and turn and the stones that fly through the car as your driving along. Theres room for some shopping and a brick, as they done have a handbrake.

It still doesn't lean though and wont ever replace the Storm, it'd just really nice to totally piss almost everything off on the road.
Fuel consumption, no idea, just like my bike i don't care.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:

yes that very true about stuck in traffic, but there are some lovely quiet roads where i went and i wouldn't go that fast on the bike, not with all the horse crap about, And being stuck in traffic that low to the floor aint so good. The air cons good though :lol: :lol: almost like being at 1 with nature. its just a scream to drive and although not loud the induction roar is joy to the ears.
Last edited by bigtwinthing on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Who was riden em .. grannies :thumbup:
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

bigtwinthing wrote:
darkember wrote:Arial Atom

wet ya pants fast, brakes, handles and blows ya mind with the induction scream when the supercharger cuts in!!!
I like bikes but I really am a car man. That pic just gave me wood :) :eek2
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Burnt a blade and a Ducati? , well if I spend the best part of a small mortgage on a sports focused car and didn't beat a £13 grand road sports bike I would be asking serious questions and my money back.
budd

Post by budd »

don't get me wrong it's a lovely car and my previous comments may have come across as a little harsh I didn't mean it to sound that way. And while the Atom is a mega fast little beast by normal stds there are plenty of cars out their more than capable of showing it a clean pair of heels.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .