wiring loom routing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
PARSLEYRIPPER

wiring loom routing

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

I have routed the wiring loom several times through the frame past the headstock and up to the clocks. Every which way i route it looks wrong. I have it running along the lh frame rail and through the gap in the frame and above the bottom yolk......it just looks plain wrong, the thing is other ways also look wrong. Any help would be great. Cheers
PARSLEYRIPPER

Re: wiring loom routing

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Oh and unfortunately the bike was stripped in a hurry with no pics so have no idea.......not a good idea :?
darkember

Post by darkember »

Definitely runs along the left side running on the inside of the lower frame. Its lowest point is near the speed sensor where it then rises up to the rear sub-frame still all on the left side.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Pg 21 - 27 of the PDF Honda Service Manual for the VTR has line drawings of where the loom runs and what connections are where...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18025
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

darkember wrote:Definitely runs along the left side running on the inside of the lower frame. Its lowest point is near the speed sensor where it then rises up to the rear sub-frame still all on the left side.
Ok cheers for that, I think I am about right
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Wicky wrote:Pg 21 - 27 of the PDF Honda Service Manual for the VTR has line drawings of where the loom runs and what connections are where...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18025
Ok thanks, I did look on the net but cant have looked properly :boobs: I was looking for the head hitting wall smiley but could not resist the boobs.......love boobs me :D