The Man Himself!!

General Biker Banter
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I reckon it would be yella me ol fruit..the rear shock as a standard unit is adequate for the road, under "NORMAL" riding ..if ya ken whit ah mean min.
IMHO, anyway. having the front redone FIRST will improve the front end response and you'll think you're on a different bike, and when you eventually get the rear done ...you'll wish you put the lot on your credit card in the first place.....if like me you like to make...erm rapid progress on the road, and a
track day now and then,get the lot done in a one-er :) however you go about it you wont be dissapointed....
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Zer0Zer0 wrote:£250 revalved, resprung, damping rods ground down, reassembled and set up. highly recommended. the difference at the front is incredible.....
That sounds like something i should get done in the spring, tats a good price. I have the ohlins on the rear I might get the ohlins springs for the front too. £250 is a ood price. I assume they could do that in a mornings work?

I am tempted to get the bike on the dyno and get the fuling checked out at the same time.

I think i will definatly take a trip down there in the early spring.
It's here.........
kevg

Post by kevg »

if you've got the ohlins on the rear, you may already have something done to the front.

i use a dyno run by a guy works as a mechanic for MCS in Renfrew, its sited in an outdoor center called Kypeside, the other side of Strathhaven, near a wee village called Deadwaters.

£120 for a run and any work that needs doing to set it up properly i'm going back reasonably soon to get mine set up properly, as i have had a problem since i changed my cans.
cheerz

kev
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

kev m8 give me a shout when you're going there m8 mine needs a proper set up too..and 120 notes sounds about right...
Slim m8 its not so much the springs that are the important part of the front end rebuild, the revalving, shims, damping rods, and set up are what really make the difference and roger@revoloution has a dyno too..dont know how much a run costs though?
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]