SP1 Generator/Stator?

Moderator: VTRDark

Boubepo

SP1 Generator/Stator?

Post by Boubepo »

I'm looking for a stator/generator for a 2001 SP1 - If anyone has one for sale, please drop me a line

Secondhand SP1 parts seem to be like rocking-horse sh***!, even on ebay!!
tony.mon

Re: SP1 Generator/Stator?

Post by tony.mon »

I have one.
But the wires have been cut about 75mm from the windings. Nope, wasn't me wot dun it.

So a good soldered repair is needed.
If that's any use, let me know.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply - Looks like you could be saving the day yet again!

I will PM you
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

Will still PM you Tony but posting main issues here so we can all share and learn something [from you - not me obviously lol]

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. My problem has been my battery [new one] going flat with only 12.4 - 13 v going back into the battery, I've had the battery checked out and checked the cabling between alternator and R/R which seems okay, Ive run some diode checks on the R/R, which seem okay but from the alternator to the R/R, on the 3 yellow wires I'm getting ac voltage readings of 20 - 45 20 - 45 and 4 - 8 depending on the revs and lights on/off, so my limited knowledge leads me to think that the alternator is at fault?

I've opened her left side up tonight and the stator shows some signs of dry blackening - so I'm going with a faulty stator at the moment - might be wrong?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Boubepo wrote:Will still PM you Tony but posting main issues here so we can all share and learn something [from you - not me obviously lol]

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. My problem has been my battery [new one] going flat with only 12.4 - 13 v going back into the battery, I've had the battery checked out and checked the cabling between alternator and R/R which seems okay, Ive run some diode checks on the R/R, which seem okay but from the alternator to the R/R, on the 3 yellow wires I'm getting ac voltage readings of 20 - 45 20 - 45 and 4 - 8 depending on the revs and lights on/off, so my limited knowledge leads me to think that the alternator is at fault?

I've opened her left side up tonight and the stator shows some signs of dry blackening - so I'm going with a faulty stator at the moment - might be wrong?
Sounds likely.
All three sets of windings should be about the same.
I'll meter the resistances on the one I have on Saturday.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

Big thanks Tony :D