Samco Hose Clips

General Bike chat
carmanbikes

Samco Hose Clips

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi, Anyone got genuine Samco hose clips could have a look at one see who they are made by, Just ordered some off ebay and they have JCS stamped on them not Samco. Thanks in advance
The guy who I bought them off on ebay said JCS are the only hose clips that Samco recommend, Wish I would have known this as he sells them for £22 on ebay and if I had gone to Advanced Fluid Solutions I would have got the same clips for £9 :(
budd

Re: Samco Hose Clips

Post by budd »

you can't trust anyone, sounds like the ebay guy is telling porkies to inflate the price, I've never seen samco brand hose clamps and wouldn't be take any notice even if they recommended a spacific brand, the best ones IMHO are Mikalor :thumbup: but any half decent clamp would be fine with Samco hoses, cooling systems tend to run just under 1bar which won't trouble most hose clamps, the only time I've had hose clamp issues is in turbo boost applications once you get to around 2bar clamps start to became the weak link, so the brand of hose becames more of a factor. the only ones to avoid are the proper cheap and nasty stuff by Rolson / Blackspur and the like, I wouldn't trust those in the non pressure application!!
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The only difference with the hose clamps that come supplied with Samco is that the outer edge apparently is rounded more. So basically not so sharp an edge to cut into the hose. You can't go wrong with the Mikalor clamps though IMO. They are one of the dogs dangles in the clamping world :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

budd wrote:you can't trust anyone, sounds like the ebay guy is telling porkies to inflate the price, I've never seen samco brand hose clamps and wouldn't be take any notice even if they recommended a spacific brand, the best ones IMHO are Mikalor :thumbup: but any half decent clamp would be fine with Samco hoses, cooling systems tend to run just under 1bar which won't trouble most hose clamps, the only time I've had hose clamp issues is in turbo boost applications once you get to around 2bar clamps start to became the weak link, so the brand of hose becames more of a factor. the only ones to avoid are the proper cheap and nasty stuff by Rolson / Blackspur and the like, I wouldn't trust those in the non pressure application!!
They have to be rolled on the edge so they don't cut into the silicone
budd

Post by budd »

carmanbikes wrote: They have to be rolled on the edge so they don't cut into the silicone
:thumbup: yeah I can see how cheap clamps with sharp edges would cut into the soft silicone
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Where's the best place to get a samco kit for the storm then? Been thinking it would be a nice addition for a while, but not seen any kits.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

mattycoops43 wrote:Where's the best place to get a samco kit for the storm then? Been thinking it would be a nice addition for a while, but not seen any kits.
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/5867 ... t-Hose-Kit
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Silicone hose clamps need to be complete circle type (so no worm gear "teeth" touching the hose) and rolled and rounded edges.
here in the US I prefer the Gates brand and use the metal type
if the clamp commonly needs to come off
Or the heat shrink type "proGrip" from gates as well if they do not normally need to come off for servicing.
The progrips make a perfect 360 deg very wide clamp on the hose and no chance of cutting into the material.
The only down side is they are a one time use deal (hence why on the hose to radiator i use traditional metal hose clamps made for silicone) and if it matters, looks. they are black... might offend some of you blokes that have to color match your wardrobe :biggrin
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training