homeless guy shot dead by police in LA

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: homeless guy shot dead by police in LA

Post by Wicky »

Weren't these two Swedish women on drugs?

[youtube][/youtube]

edit. apparently not!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_and_Sabina_Eriksson
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

anyone that totally believes the media is crazy, I personally think that's a given these days, our media is pretty much the same. and I can now see why you have taken up such an active debate on this subject, I still believe these officers could have done a better job, i'm sure they will say this is hindsight. oh and trust me when I say this, I wouldn't want to be a police officer, it takes a special person to do the line of work.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

One of the biggest mistakes we all make is to assume that we know what motivates others by looking at our own values and motivation. For example, in this country many politicians and social services advocates say that "all the poor really want is a hand up and an opportunity to work." That sounds really good but it's not true. From the experiences I have had with my own extended family I know that there are people who would rather, starve, live in squalor and watch cartoons all day rather than work. I don't understand it. Anyone with an ounce of motivation will not be able to understand it but you see it all the time, people living under bridges and eating out of trash cans.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

8541Hawk wrote: The Us bashing comment comes from a couple things.
I did take offense to the every OZ cop is great and all US cops are plods.
I would ask, have you ever been here?
Yep, been to the US twice, also South Africa where its really bad.
Also been in the job for 32 years :)
Have a friend who is a Sargent in LA, i stay at his house when i'm over there (our sons race motocross together), the things he does makes my head spin, talk about a cowboy. I just sit there and laugh, but there is No Way i could act like that back home, i'd be sacked.
Then agin, in saying that, he took me to a garage sale once and the amount of firearms some guy had for sale just out of his garage was alarming!
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

With respect to most of the armchair law enforcement on here you cannot judge or comment on the descions made until you do the job yourself. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I know let's just make a descion based on a snapshot of what happened. Really grips my s... and I really shouldn't read these boards or comment but come on guys. Love to see you actually deal with this yourself. There is a lot more to this than what you have seen. Walk a mile in someone's else's shoes before you comment etc. Sorry rant over!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

people will always comment and have their opinions mate.
the amount of times I've heard the following, you cabbies are all loaded, you all go the long way round and so on and so on.
ultimately officers of the law must have the highest standards, because you will be judged on their decisions, be they right or wrong, surely police officers know this from the outset of their careers.
one thing is certain, now that nearly every man women and child has a camera on their phones, police officers will be judged even more publically.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I think some very good points from all sides :thumbup:
We all know what the media is like, we all can make snap shot decisions on small bits of information, just as we know it's easy to judge something after the event or we aren't really qualified to make a comment without "walking in their shoes".
I think what this discussion really shows is, that regardless of our common language, ancestry and shared interest in bikes we are all fundamentally culturally different, what is acceptable in one country is not in another, even if we are so similar.
This, to me, is not really about "Yank bashing" but more of an insight into what/how people from what we class as a "Gun Nation"where fire arms are perfectly acceptable, feel or react to their own policing, say, compared to a nation which doesn't have (Yet) these types of issues. It's nice to get an Aussie perspective, which appears to be somewhere in between as far as guns are concerned. I can't help wonder how this conversation would have turned if we had some members from Nigeria or Cuba or somewhere far more violent to add to the input.

I think one thing we can all agree on is Thank (input your deity here) we all live in nations that are relatively safe, well schooled, with good healthcare and can go outside with out fearing for our lives everyday.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Pete.L wrote:I think some very good points from all sides :thumbup:
We all know what the media is like, we all can make snap shot decisions on small bits of information, just as we know it's easy to judge something after the event or we aren't really qualified to make a comment without "walking in their shoes".
I think what this discussion really shows is, that regardless of our common language, ancestry and shared interest in bikes we are all fundamentally culturally different, what is acceptable in one country is not in another, even if we are so similar.
This, to me, is not really about "Yank bashing" but more of an insight into what/how people from what we class as a "Gun Nation"where fire arms are perfectly acceptable, feel or react to their own policing, say, compared to a nation which doesn't have (Yet) these types of issues. It's nice to get an Aussie perspective, which appears to be somewhere in between as far as guns are concerned. I can't help wonder how this conversation would have turned if we had some members from Nigeria or Cuba or somewhere far more violent to add to the input.

I think one thing we can all agree on is Thank (input your deity here) we all live in nations that are relatively safe, well schooled, with good healthcare and can go outside with out fearing for our lives everyday.

Pete.l
what!!! have you been to Bournemouth the oldies are right ruff arses :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Another one you should see.

http://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-poli ... 28066.html

Sad. He had a son.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hell, I've been to Philli quite a few times, lets just say, not a place for the uninitiated if you get caught on the wrong side of the tracks.
Once when I was there the news reported more killings than days of the week. 7 dead in 5 days 8O

This one interested me too. Must admit. I'm kind of with the Prof on this
http://news.yahoo.com/school-choir-dire ... 09725.html

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... /150409468

whats this coppers excuse then ??

another disgrace..
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

never good to see or hear these stories, but they don't seem to be going away..... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the worlds went mad
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

fabiostar wrote:the worlds went mad
The world was always mad. Now we are just inundated with it on-line and in the media.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

And we only see and hear about the small minority that just happen to have been captured on video.

If you believe the US Stats, its 20 fold + on whats makes international news.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.