Odometer in KPH?

General Bike chat
Xannoncannon

Odometer in KPH?

Post by Xannoncannon »

My bike as a UK registered 2000 storm I purchased in January I thought I was getting amazing milage to a tank until I realised my osometer is in KPH does this also mean my milage is KPH? Speedo looks like a uk model with the MPH large around the outside. Is it possible to change the display between KPH and MPH? :beer:
Wicky

Re: Odometer in KPH?

Post by Wicky »

You haven't by any chance bought Mac the Knife's (Nottingham area) bike?

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23263
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I suspect your speedo is KPH then. Show us a pic and we can confirm. Saying that though, there has been a couple of cases where ODO's have seemed to have mysteriously changed themselves. I have not seen this confirmed or heard of a fix. Most likely some key combination or something that only Honda knows about.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Xannoncannon

Post by Xannoncannon »

Wicky wrote:You haven't by any chance bought Mac the Knife's (Nottingham area) bike?

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23263

Nah this bike was bought locally and came from Fife before that. :beer:
Xannoncannon

Post by Xannoncannon »

cybercarl wrote:I suspect your speedo is KPH then. Show us a pic and we can confirm. Saying that though, there has been a couple of cases where ODO's have seemed to have mysteriously changed themselves. I have not seen this confirmed or heard of a fix. Most likely some key combination or something that only Honda knows about.

(:-})

Cheers will do :beer:
Xannoncannon

Post by Xannoncannon »

I can confirm my digital display is in KPH but my speedo is the UK MPH dial bike was registered new UK 2000. I was looking through old MOT`s and they were originally filled out in KPH and about five years ago changed to MPH so my 31k VTR has only done 19k miles :D