some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

Post by fabiostar »

jesus wept you are a lucky boy 8O . glad to see you got away with it,as it were...get well soon :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

All the best mate for a full recovery

We have all been there and i guess we have lived to ride again.

All the very best to all concerned ie family, friends etc

Brian
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popkat wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
popkat wrote:Your a good rider, you'll be back on the road, now's not the time to think about that though, work on recovering first.
Then You can compare wonky wrists with Mac.

Who's bike did you trash ? is he now the proud owner of your ford Granada :wink:

the owner of the bike is a lurker on this forum, but active on facebook, his name is mark and he couldn't care less about the bike, he's only interested in chris's well being..... :thumbup:

I didn't ask or imply if he was bothered about the bike Marty, who the f*ck would be after that, it was just a tongue in cheek cheer up comment hence the wink :roll:

I know mate, I was just giving out details, looks like everything worked out the best it could considering what happened. there is some good news, chris and Imogen will be on a flight home tonight..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

That's good news :thumbup: Plenty of rest for CK, I'm sure Imogen will keep you topped up with tea and biscuits.

I'd describe your riding as sensible and progressive. But as Popkat already mentioned, nothing else matters right now. Speedy recovery bro :)

Here for a good time, not a long time.
Jamie :wave:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

O.....M.....G

That has to be one of the luckiest escapes outside of the IOM TT. Hard to believe how lucky you've been. Not just surviving the impact, but getting away with such minor injuries.
When I see things like this, it puts me off road riding, and makes me glad I haven't ridden on the road all year, just kept it on the track.
CK, really glad to get to the end of AP's post and see that you survived that. Hope you get better soon.
Virt

Post by Virt »

wombles hell mate, wish you a speedy recovery! Let us know if you ever need anything, I'm not too far away :thumbup:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Virt wrote:ferking hell mate, wish you a speedy recovery! Let us know if you ever need sexual favours, I'm not too far away :thumbup:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Don't make Lloydie jealous now :lol:

Here for a good time, not a long time.
Jamie :wave:
VTRpaul

Post by VTRpaul »

Lucky boy to come away from that with so little injuries.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Bloody hell just read this. Chris get better soon, Matt well done. Great you guys all rallied round together.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
playerone

Post by playerone »

It was a sight that'll take a LONG time to forget, my first reaction on seeing it was "F........U...........C..........K me Chris has been killed".............the sense of relief on hearing Matt say he's breathing was overwhelming. Everyone at the scene done what they had to and I'd like to think I'd have such a group around me if I ended up in a similar position.

It left me dumbstruck when Mark came out of the hospital with the news that the worst he had was a broken wrist (a couple of us stayed outside with the bikes and all the gear) and even now I still find it hard to believe, given the sight we came across in the tunnel, just how bloody lucky he has been.

Chris it was good to hear you got out so soon and are now/shortly to be on your way back to the UK but I'll still be joining the queue to kick your ass for putting us through that :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad you're ok(ish) fella. You must be entitled to wear one of those old No Fear T shirts "I'me Immortal.....well so far!!"
Take it easy dude :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as playerone said, the first thought that crossed all of our minds, was that he was dead. matt was the difference between chris leaving hospital after 4 days, or losing a hand or possibly his life.
I can't thank matt enough, but as player said, we all pulled together as a group and did what needed to be done.
I can't speak for the others, but I felt completely helpless, and I've promised myself that i'll do a first aid course (or whatever it's called these days) in the very near future.
i'd also suggest that anyone going on a riding holiday abroad, to get the best travel insurance policy they can afford.
I also suggest not riding/swapping bikes, as it seems like a fun idea at the time, but it opens up a big can of whoop butt when things go bad.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

These do a one day course for about £120 or you can get a group together with suitable premises and they provide the course to you.

http://www.firstonscene.co.uk/

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Glad to hear you're OK Chris

I wish you a speedy recovery
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

As AP said a big thanks to matt for what he did for me but also a big thank you to everyone else for what they did. Everyone did what they could without hesitation and thanks to all of you I'm here to tell the tale. A big thank you to martys family for helping out they way they did with everything they did. Would have been a lot harder without them.

Whether I ride on the road again or not is unknown but I won't rule anything out at the moment.

Thank you for all the support guys. It's starting to hit home now.

Currently at Leicester royal infirmary being check over again. Oh the fun

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk